Questions RE: Arrival times on Celebrity Cruisetour:

SEPyle

We're on Cruisetour # 13 which includes a flight from Anchorage to Fairbanks in the morning. Does anyone know who has done this cruisetour the approx. time you arrive in Fairbanks. I would love to do the Riverboat Discovery, but don't know if we will have time. Our docs should be arriving soon, but can anyone tell, I'm anxious to know NOW? We leave on 5/20 and it is a post cruise tour.

Thanks in advance.

Sharon

The flights are varied and people usually arrive in the afternoon. You aren't likely to be in Fairbanks in time for the last public tour of the Riverboat at 2pm. You are 3 hours from Seward by bus or 4 hours by rail. A lot of cruisetours have this included in the package??

Budget Queen, I know Pkg # 12 & 13 Celebrity and Royal Caribbean do include the flight in the price of the cruisetour. That's actually why I chose #13 because of the flight and on cruisetour # 13 it also includes 3 dome cars: Fairbanks to Denali; Denali to Talkeenta; and Talkeenta to Anchorage. Am I right in my researching that the train from Fairbanks to Denali arrives in Denali around 12 noon; the one to Talkeetna around 4:40 and the one to Anchorage around 8pm???

Thanks as always for your wealth of knowledge!

Sharon

Correct on the train times, you will leave Fairbanks around 8am. The cars are hooked up to the regular run of the Alaska RR. My "included" reference was in response to the Riverboat Discovery. Are you on the train the day after the flight? No time in Fairbanks. :(

The 2nd day of our Cruisetour we will be riding from Girdwood to Anchorage by motorcoach before catching our flight. How long should that take? We leave on the train to Denali the next morning. That afternoon we go on the Tundra Wilderness Tour. Then the next day we will be

arriving in Talkeetna around 4:40 which is most important since we have a Summit flight thru Talkeetna Aero scheduled for 5pm. That way if the weather isn't cooperating, we'll have a 2nd chance the next day.

Guess if we don't have time for the Riverboat Discovery, that'll be a great reason for Alaska trip #2!

Thanks again for your input!

Sharon

Archived