$1 beers in Cabo ?

raiderg68

I have read about & plan on visiting the Cheeky monkey/Sea Monkey while in PV but I havent heard or read about anything similar in Cabo. So to all of the seasoned visitors to Cabo ... please let me know is there something similar in Cabo I should look for? We plan on visiting Medano Beach but it looks like those prices are a little more on par with touristy locations. Any help or info would be appreciated

I have read about & plan on visiting the Cheeky monkey/Sea Monkey while in PV but I havent heard or read about anything similar in Cabo. So to all of the seasoned visitors to Cabo ... please let me know is there something similar in Cabo I should look for? We plan on visiting Medano Beach but it looks like those prices are a little more on par with touristy locations. Any help or info would be appreciated

Some of the little stores near the tender dock sell beer for a dollar, but if you want to sit down, there are some places near Solomon's Landing that have 5 or 6 beers for ten dollars and they toss in chips and salsa or guacamole. They all have signs on the front with different combinations and they bring your beer in buckets with ice.

Also, if you go through the flea market area near Solomons and go across the street, a market on the corner sells six packs if that is what you want.

If you head for the structure that looks like a lighthouse, you will go right past the "beer bucket" places and the flea market.

Some of the little stores near the tender dock sell beer for a dollar, but if you want to sit down, there are some places near Solomon's Landing that have 5 or 6 beers for ten dollars and they toss in chips and salsa or guacamole. They all have signs on the front with different combinations and they bring your beer in buckets with ice.

Also, if you go through the flea market area near Solomons and go across the street, a market on the corner sells six packs if that is what you want.

If you head for the structure that looks like a lighthouse, you will go right past the "beer bucket" places and the flea market.

thanks I appreciate the info

Taco Loco is a favorite. Inexpensive and good tacos, beers might be two bucks. It's near the Giggling Marlin.

Most restaurants on Medano Beach are more, but you're paying for the atmosphere.

Thanks .... how close to the pier is taco loco & is it walking distance or a cab ride away ?

Although Rip's is most certainly one of our favorites, so is Captain Tony's right on the Marina. After two days of cruise ship grub, you might be ready for one of their a great pizzas. $12 for a bucket of beer and a really good pizza (smallish, but a suitable snack for two). Right next to Captain Tony's is Soloman's Landing...not my most favorite, but still a great people watching place. Order a bucket of beer ($12) and get some of their great Calamari for free.

Although Rip's is most certainly one of our favorites, so is Captain Tony's right on the Marina. After two days of cruise ship grub, you might be ready for one of their a great pizzas. $12 for a bucket of beer and a really good pizza (smallish, but a suitable snack for two). Right next to Captain Tony's is Soloman's Landing...not my most favorite, but still a great people watching place. Order a bucket of beer ($12) and get some of their great Calamari for free.

Nice ... thanks for the tips

Thanks .... how close to the pier is taco loco & is it walking distance or a cab ride away ?

Unless walking is difficult for you, most things are walkable from the Tender Pier. Taco Loco is one street behind the Marina. As Swedish Weave mentioned, if you head to the Lighthouse structure, then take the walkway to the right of it, it will take you one street back where you'll find the Giggling Marlin to the right down about a block or so. Taco Loco is in a complex near it, as are many other bars and restaurants and shopping opportunities.

Captain Tony's and Solomon's Landing are also great choices with great atmosphere. Solomon's is more expensive, although, they do have an inexpensive bar menu if you sit at the bar, which does not give you as good a view of the Marina.

Taco Loco is in the Plaza de los Mariachis. It is about a 10 minute walk from the pier. The plaza is shown on the map the ship hands out.

The red line on the map below is the route we took.

Cabomap.jpg

Captain Tony's and Solomon's Landing are also great choices with great atmosphere. Solomon's is more expensive, although, they do have an inexpensive bar menu if you sit at the bar, which does not give you as good a view of the Marina.

After spending a day and a half paying $35 for a bucket of beer while aboard ship, Soloman's is NOT expensive :D

Captain Tony's, Soloman's, Womango, d'right rib, or just about any cantina on the Marina should be a welcome relief!

Actually, I can't think of too many places in Cabo that we have not had great service, really good food, and dangeroursly cold beer!

As I stated, although Soloman's is far from my favorite, I do admit that I really like their colomari.

As for Rip's we love both it and Taco Lobo (right next door)...one should never visit Cabo without ordering Rainbow Shots at Rips!

Just my $2.00 Pesos worth.

As for Rip's we love both it and Taco Loco (right next door)...one should never visit Cabo without ordering Rainbow Shots at Rips!

Unfortunately, when we went to Rip's to try the Rainbow shots in December, we were told that the bartender who makes the shots gets there after 5. We suggested to the bartender who was there that the bartender who knows how to make the shots should be there when ships are in port. He even said that others had come by just to try the Rainbow Shots and then left without ordering anything else. You would think that if a place advertises a specialty drink, then all the bartenders would know how to make it.

After spending a day and a half paying $35 for a bucket of beer while aboard ship, Soloman's is NOT expensive :D

Captain Tony's, Soloman's, Womango, d'right rib, or just about any cantina on the Marina should be a welcome relief!

Actually, I can't think of too many places in Cabo that we have not had great service, really good food, and dangeroursly cold beer!

As I stated, although Soloman's is far from my favorite, I do admit that I really like their colomari.

As for Rip's we love both it and Taco Lobo (right next door)...one should never visit Cabo without ordering Rainbow Shots at Rips!

Funny that you mentioned Womangos (wgng spllng??) we have eaten/drank there 3 times now and have always liked the food and drink, I think beer is 18 pesos each? My margarita at 70 pesos made with Jose Curevo Gold aka nasyty rocket fuel was a joke......I complained and they took it away and made another one witn Traditional which was better but I prefer the margs at Captain Tony's better. :)

Ummm?? What are rainbow shots?? :D:eek:

$35 for a bucket of beer? I've never spent that much, but I don't know what you're drinking.

It's D'Right Joint, not rib.

Don't know why you like to pick my post apart, Downsized, but hey, whatever floats your boat.:)

$35 for a bucket of beer? I've never spent that much, but I don't know what you're drinking.

It's D'Right Joint, not rib.

Don't know why you like to pick my post apart, Downsized, but hey, whatever floats your boat.:)

I don't mean to, really, and no harm intended. Mea Culpa.

You're correct about the D'Right Joint, I appologize to them. A good place to stop at, though.

The first time that we were in Cabo, we were only allowed 7 hours, and after the Dolphin swim, we didn't have a whole lot of time to wander.

We've since found that although there are lots of great places to eat and drink in Cabo, the Marina is easy to get to from the cruise docks, and offers a lot of really quality Cantinas and restaurants.

Have a nice cuise.

I don't mean to, really, and no harm intended. Mea Culpa.

Have a nice cuise.

Gracias, it's all good. I won't be cruising again until September, but I'll be back in Cabo for 3 weeks in March. Happy camper here.:D

And you're right about time being valuable, back before we knew our way around, my DH would have all these elaborate plans for places on the back streets and we would spend most of our port time trying to find them!

Gracias, it's all good. I won't be cruising again until September, but I'll be back in Cabo for 3 weeks in March. Happy camper here.:D

And you're right about time being valuable, back before we knew our way around, my DH would have all these elaborate plans for places on the back streets and we would spend most of our port time trying to find them!

Now I am envious!

Although my DW and I are able to travel to Cabo twice a year, we're only able to spend 8 days at a time. We'll be there with our kids and Grandkids on the 23rd.

We do love the Marina.

Another good deal is at Happy Ending Cantina - 2 bottles of Corona or Pacifico and 2 double shots of "super-smooth" tequila for $5.

My name is written on the wall..... :)

I know I'm going to regret asking this, but where can one find the Happy Ending in Cabo?????

Bob

I know I'm going to regret asking this, but where can one find the Happy Ending in Cabo?????

Bob

http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=22.8842213&lon=-109.9104023&z=17&l=0&m=b

Hopefully my link works, it's an interactive map.

Go one street behind the Marina, find the Grey Ghost, which is a big grey structure, take your pointer across the street and to the right and the Happy Ending bar should come up.

http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=22.8842213&lon=-109.9104023&z=17&l=0&m=b

Hopefully my link works, it's an interactive map.

Go one street behind the Marina, find the Grey Ghost, which is a big grey structure, take your pointer across the street and to the right and the Happy Ending bar should come up.

Thanks CW :D

Archived