The Thalassotherapy pool -

TxChick

Has anyone done this? I'm fascinated by it and would like to try it, possibly get a day pass to the spa or just the pool. I have MS and think that this would be very relaxing and possibly therapeutic.

Any ideas on cost of the pool or a spa day pass? TIA

Has anyone done this? I'm fascinated by it and would like to try it, possibly get a day pass to the spa or just the pool. I have MS and think that this would be very relaxing and possibly therapeutic.

I was thinking the same thing for my husband. :)

Had to Bing it to find out what it meant :o

So it's hot sea water? Sounds wonderful for my poor sore back - have done the Dead Sea twice and nothing compares...

Is it free like the steam rooms and showers or do you have to pay for it?

So it's hot sea water? Sounds wonderful for my poor sore back - have done the Dead Sea twice and nothing compares...

no, it costs money, and I think you can purchase a day pass and use the steam rooms/pool but just curious as to how much it is.

Definitely have to pay - at least on Splendor. The question is what is the price?

If you have a spa room you get access to the spa for free. If you sign up on the first day and by a week pass its if I remember like 170 a person. We used it everyday after being in the MR it was so humid the spa was awesome to relax before we went and got ready on dinner. We did this on the splendor by the way

The chairs were not too hot?

No - think heated seats in your car. There are two rooms, one is heated just a bit - the other is just room temperature. There are also two steam rooms, I believe both are somewhat aromatic and one is hotter than the other.

I just got off the Splendor and I believe the prices are consistent for all three ships with spas- 149 for 1 or 249 for two for a one week pass (or free if you are in a Spa cabin). The Splendor was offering a slightly higher priced upgrade that included the mud lounge, but I don't recall that price.

I'm pretty sure I recall the day passes to be 40.00 - but I'm not sure that they were available every day.

I found it worthwhile - as for the pool - although they say its sea water - it really didn't feel like that to me - whatever minerals they are using made it feel nice and soft against my skin.

The hours are the same as the spa which I think was 8 am to 10 pm.

Em

I'll second, third and fourth that. My mom and I bought the spa pass for the week (they would not sell any day passes) on the Dream last October. We each paid $125 as they let us get the "couples" price. You don't have to be a "couple" to get it. My mom's lower legs tend to swell and the T-pool did wonders for them! She didn't have any aches and pains after sitting in there for a while. Along one whole side of the pool is like a reclining metal bench so you can just lay back on the bench and relax without the fear of floating around or into someone else. We too enjoyed the heated tile loungers and the other spa rooms. We didn't care much for the aromatherapy spa room though. Just too humid for our tastes. I couldn't tolerate it for more than two minutes. One of the things we also really enjoyed were the two showers that were for spa pass holders only in the private locker room. One had a small room you walk into to get undressed and then step into a quite large and very roomy shower stall. During our entire 7 day cruise, we never once showered in our room. The showers in the spa were just divine and they even have full-size hairdryers in there to use. So we each had a little bag with our toiletries and clean clothes that we would take with us to the spa.

Hope you enjoy!

That and those heated chairs were the best perks of having a spa room.

One thing to note is that there is debate on if the T pool is supposed to be hot water or standard pool temperature. The first 2 days on our trip it was quite cool, the next 3 very hot, and the final day was hot.

No - think heated seats in your car. There are two rooms, one is heated just a bit - the other is just room temperature. There are also two steam rooms, I believe both are somewhat aromatic and one is hotter than the other.

I just got off the Splendor and I believe the prices are consistent for all three ships with spas- 149 for 1 or 249 for two for a one week pass (or free if you are in a Spa cabin). The Splendor was offering a slightly higher priced upgrade that included the mud lounge, but I don't recall that price.

I'm pretty sure I recall the day passes to be 40.00 - but I'm not sure that they were available every day.

I found it worthwhile - as for the pool - although they say its sea water - it really didn't feel like that to me - whatever minerals they are using made it feel nice and soft against my skin.

The hours are the same as the spa which I think was 8 am to 10 pm.

Em

It's $299.00 for the week for the spa pass with the upgrade to the Rasul (mud room). Totally worth the upgrade. One hour - your own private steam room- mud and salt scrubs and an amazing shower and lotions!!! It's for two people. Heaven.....

The T-pool is heavenly! It is not hot, like a hot tub but warmer than just bathwater. It has minerals--NOT CHLORINE, and I believe that the water is "ionized". What's best is that there are no children in the area at all. If you haven't booked you cabin yet, check out the spa decks for pricing. We've book balconies but this last cruise we decided to try an inside cabin to keep the costs down (our 3rd cruise for the year) and the pricing was great. You are only steps away from the stairs to the spa. A private elevator is there also.

I am very disappointed now that the Splendor is leaving Calif. since we will not be replaced with a ship that has these services. I have cruised HAL and eventhough they don't have the spa suites you can buy the weekly pass and they have an even better, yet similar set up.

The T-pool is heavenly! It is not hot, like a hot tub but warmer than just bathwater. It has minerals--NOT CHLORINE, and I believe that the water is "ionized". What's best is that there are no children in the area at all. If you haven't booked you cabin yet, check out the spa decks for pricing. We've book balconies but this last cruise we decided to try an inside cabin to keep the costs down (our 3rd cruise for the year) and the pricing was great. You are only steps away from the stairs to the spa. A private elevator is there also.

I am very disappointed now that the Splendor is leaving Calif. since we will not be replaced with a ship that has these services. I have cruised HAL and eventhough they don't have the spa suites you can buy the weekly pass and they have an even better, yet similar set up.

I"m glad to read HAL has a similar set up......I have been on all the Carnival spa ships and want to broaden my horizons.....so its good to know there are choices where I won't have to go without.

Em

Archived