For anyone who wants to know why OV windows don't open

westcruzer

Wow, that was pretty cool. I wonder if this happens on cove balconies. They are pretty low.

I think there has been discussions on here about cove balconies having special doors that seal off the window and door. I'm sure someone knows on here for sure.

That was my wife's and my video. This was what we woke up to that day. We were in cabin 1227 which is pretty much mid ship. I would have loved a cabin up front.

All of that wave action was with the ship moving along at a snails pace of about 10 knots, which caused us to get to port about 12 hours late.

When the ship was going over a crest the water was making it up to the Lido deck. It must have been a wild ride up in the bridge!6335273862

I think there has been discussions on here about cove balconies having special doors that seal off the window and door. I'm sure someone knows on here for sure.

The cove balconies only have special doors that close off the balcony door. The window is not covered and you would be able to see out, just like that video.

That was my wife's and my video. This was what we woke up to that day. We were in cabin 1227 which is pretty much mid ship. I would have loved a cabin up front.

All of that wave action was with the ship moving along at a snails pace of about 10 knots, which caused us to get to port about 12 hours late.

When the ship was going over a crest the water was making it up to the Lido deck. It must have been a wild ride up in the bridge!

Thanks for the great video! If you were up front that would have been ever crazier!!

When the ship was going over a crest the water was making it up to the Lido deck. It must have been a wild ride up in the bridge!6335273862

Interesting story behind it! Thanks for sharing!

This video is not about high waves but it's very interesting to see two huge ships collide. I have included different videos to give you a different view of what happened. It's pretty amazing and I definitley would have peed in my pants. These are all shot by passengers on the Carnival Ship. I can't seem to find any videos shot by RCCL passengers.

(short)

(this video is 9 minutes long)

(this one shows a great view)

6335273862The odd thing about the video was that the creaking noise you hear through the whole thing was the outside wall of the cabin. It kind of reminded me of the sounds you hear in the movies with old wooden ships being batted around in a rough storm. They did break a window up front as showroom and comedy club were closed due to water damage.

I was cruising (no pun intended) on you tube and found this video which clearly shows why the OV windows do not open. Anyone who has or found cool vidoes like this post them!

I love it!! :D

That would be someone cool to cruise with...she's like

"look how beautiful the water is!"

"I wonder if we'll be able to see fish??"

"WOOHOO!"

LOL....that my friends, is a person who loves cruising!!

Thanks for posting that :)

I was cruising (no pun intended) on you tube and found this video which clearly shows why the OV windows do not open. Anyone who has or found cool vidoes like this post them!

Very cool! I would've loved it, but I can see where a newbie might freak completely out in conditions like that :D

Thanks for posting!

Archived