Trellis Bay?

jctconst

Hi All,

Have any of you been to Trellis Bay lately? How far is the taxi ride from the cruise port and what is the approximate cost for the taxi.

There are 2 senior citizens in our group who would like to sit in the shade on the beach while the rest of us (7 more in our group) would like to participate in water activities such as Stand Up paddle board, kite/wind surfing, etc...

Is Trellis Bay the place which would be suitable for all in our group?

Thanks so much for your help!

I'm not aware of any water activities at Trellis but I may have missed it.

Cane Garden Bay (CGB)is the main beach destination for watersports and where most of the taxis drop people. It is a crowded spot when ships are in but that would be where you want to go to rent water toys.

There are several beach bars/restaurants where the older folks could relax in the shade and watch from.

Smuggler's Cove is a popular spot for paddle boarding (at least we see people doing it while we're there). Beautiful beach that is less crowded but no facilities there other than portapotties and Patricia's grill stand. Good snorkeling and Nigel rents snorkel gear, haven't seen paddle rentals there...

Long Bay resort offers day passes and has facilities and a nice, long beach, but I don't know about paddle board rentals - drop them a line and ask.

Little Apple/Capoons Bay is a popular surfing spot near Sebastian's, did not notice any board rentals there either.

These beaches are all along the west coast. Taxi to CGB is $24 each way, $12pp for 2, $8pp for 3 or more. Long Bay $27, $14, & $12 respectively.

Brewer's Bay is north of CGB (same taxi rate), not sure about rentals there, someone else may know.

Thank you for the information. I'm not finding much about Trellis Bay on here nor on Trip Advisor, but the person I've been emailing from there is very helpful. I'm just not sure we want to go somewhere that doesn't have many reviews!

Many folks like Trellis for a couple of bars and there's a pottery shop and other shops. Marina Cay and Scrub Island Resort are a short boat ride out. Google Trellis and Marina Cay and De Loose Mongoose. Many people flying into the airport walk to De Loose Mongoose to feel like they "have arrived".

There is also a nice beach on the other side of the airport called Long Bay that only the locals frequent normally (not the Long Bay Tortola - Trellis, Long Bay, and the airport are on Beef Island).

So Trellis may interest you, we just prefer the other beaches.

Archived