Grand Princess/Grand Medit. - Past Pricing Question

mlbcruiser

For those of you who have taken cruises on this ship in Europe (esp. the Grand Mediterranean itinerary - 12 days), or the Golden Princess - how far out did you book your cruise? We are about to book one for 6/06 and I was wondering if now would be a good time. Right now there are large discounts for the same time frame only for THIS June, '05, for another Grand Princess cruise to some other European ports. I realize there will be no price matching or dropping after our final pymt. date next March. But this is a BIG ship and I could almost bet the prices WILL drop around this time next yr. - possibly significantly - if bookings are anything like they were for the upcoming '05 cruises. I probably know the answer - book now if we really want this ship and so forth. Or wait if we feel we can take the chance. But just wanted to find out what the experience of others has been. Thanks for any replies.

Just an afterthought, I can't believe RCCL and Celebrity and others aren't posting their cruises yet for Europe for summer '06. They MUST have the itineraries by now!

It's like shooting craps.

Last year, I picked up a July Grand Med on the Star for $899 for an inside cabin about six weeks prior to the cruise. Prices escalated as we approached the cruise.

This year the cheapest I've seen is $1950 for an inside but we're still on the wrong side of final payment. Many choose not to make final payment and I think that that's where your window of opportunity might be, between final payment and a month before the cruise. I bit the bullet this year and booked a balcony; my air free through FF miles so it works out pretty close to last year's price for us.

Bear in mind though that there might not be any cabins at all. Last year there was a war in Iraq...this year, so far so good.

Good luck!

I already booked the Golden for 12days departing Rome 06/03/06...I don't like to take chances...the stateroom is one of the most important things to me. If there are any price reductions, all the better... I booked a balcony on Lido Deck

Patrick

Archived