Can we add a child to our room?

bags6490

Hubby and I are sailing in early June. We were going to go by ourselves but now thinking about taking our 5 year old (will be 6 when we sail) with us. We haven't decided for sure, but she is not going to be happy when she finds out we are going to go on vacatioin without her and she has to stay at home with Grammy and her 2 baby sisters. How late is too late to add a child to our room? We are staying in a standard balcony room. Thanks.

Hubby and I are sailing in early June. We were going to go by ourselves but now thinking about taking our 5 year old (will be 6 when we sail) with us. We haven't decided for sure, but she is not going to be happy when she finds out we are going to go on vacatioin without her and she has to stay at home with Grammy and her 2 baby sisters. How late is too late to add a child to our room? We are staying in a standard balcony room. Thanks.

Right, it is going to depend on your exact room - there are only certain rooms that will allow 3 per room and they are not that common. We have mini-suites that will allow a 3rd passenger. And the ship itself has a certain maximum capacity

Just wanted to know if anyone else had ever done this? I will call our TA, but just wanted to know other people's experiences with this have been.

We have never tried to add a child, but have always booked rooms that are shown to hold 3. If you don't have a room that holds 3, you would have to change rooms and that might be difficult if you are close to your departure date.

Even if your cabin will accommodate 3 passengers it is possible that the sailing you are on may have reached the maximum number of children the ship will accommodate. Call your TA right away and let us know what happens. Good Luck.

...but she is not going to be happy when she finds out we are going to go on vacatioin without her and she has to stay at home with Grammy and her 2 baby sisters.

It seems as tho your question was answered about adding a third person... but I am going to add a bit of personal opinion here (I may get flamed for this, but I stress that this is simply my opinion)...

Are you sure that you want to bring your 5 year old with you on your vacation because she will be "not happy" when she finds out that you are going on vacation?? You sound like a great mom for considering her feelings... but with 3 kids under the age of 6 yrs old, it may be a wonderful time for you and your DH to get some quality time together!!!

I'm sure your daughter will probably have a great time at Grandma's! Of course she may be upset at first, but she will probably end up having a blast!

I agree with Dreamer333 this can be a great getaway for you & your husband. I know many will disagree with me but I think 5yrs is to young for a cruise. I know they have great childrens programs but all couples need sometime away from the kids to keep their marriage alive. Take it from someone who is still happily married after 29yrs. We always tried to take sometime away without kids.

Archived