On board alcohol sales

LKYGSR

• 2 months later...
Does anyone have the current liquor pricing? The latest price list I could find was from 2010 but had some great prices. I'm curious how much they've gone up since then.

Yep....courtesy of zydecocruiser:

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/menus/liquor.jpg

It is from 2010, I see now, sorry about that, maybe someone has a newer one.

On the Sensation four weeks ago we paid:

4 for $34 - Bacardi 1 liter flavored rums (you could also pay 2 for $20).

4 for $56 - Bailey's 1 liter original or flavors

We bought 4 of each :)

I think Absolut flavors were $4 for $38 or something like that.

Everything was tax free. Technically, you're only allowed to carry off one bottle per person duty free (sometimes you can carry more than that if you purchase from a particular island). I'm not going to get into a discussion on the ethics of paying the duty or not paying it, but my understanding is that duty taxes add about $2 per bottle. Still a great deal.

Does anyone have the current liquor pricing? The latest price list I could find was from 2010 but had some great prices. I'm curious how much they've gone up since then.

2 Crown Royal, 1 Bacardi, 1 Finlandica--$51.97

Thanks for the replies so far. Anyone know about current pricing on Drambuie? Scotches?

The selection on the ships is limited. I don't think they carried Drambuie. While I don't recall the prices on scotch, everything seemed to be pretty well discounted. I live in Tennessee (bible belt), so alcohol is ridiculously expensive here. My husband and I normally stock up on alcohol whenever we visit family in Florida, because the prices are about 30% lower there. Well the prices on everything on the ship are about 1/2 of what I would pay in Florida. I can say with a fair amount of confidence that no matter where you live in the US, you'll find the price on the ship to be a bargain.

Sometimes there are even better deals available at the ports. When we sailed Western Caribbean, the prices in Cozumel were cheaper than on the ship. However, when we cruised to the Bahamas, the prices were much better on the ship. From what I've heard, St. Thomas is one of the cheapest ports to buy alcohol.

Archived