Seattle Hotel Near Pier

txmommy2

We are sailing the Star Princess from Seattle in July and would like hotel recommendations near the Pier. I understand that the Pier is near downtown. We are spending the day before departure in Seattle and would like something near the Pier and/or tourist sites. Thanks

I just asked that question on the west coast board. Pier 91 is what princess uses. There are not hotels near it. Closest is space needle area or downtown. Some of the downtown hotels overlook Pier 63? but Princess leaves from another area.

also you can go to tripadvisor, type in forum/USA/Washington/Seattle and ask questions. To the right side of the forum column are many good answers to questions already ask about hotels and the area. On trip advisor there are many reviews that are up to date with pictures and pros/cons listed. Also activities that the reviewer did which might be something you wish to do.

Also, as the previous poster stated, the CC board has an area under West Coast Departures that several local CC members post answers to questions you have.

I need to pick a hotel also in the Seattle area - but I have read so much about them that now its hard to pick one.

Pier 91 is kind of an industrial area. It's only a few miles north of downtown so a $15 cab ride, maybe 10 minutes.

Seattle itself isn't that big .... obviously if you're in the middle of downtown, it's an easy walk to the Market, the Waterfront, museums, etc. So if it's important for you to step out the door and be in the middle of everything, look in the downtown core (say 5th and Pike). But even if you stay by the Seattle Center you can be downtown quickly by walking to the Center and taking the monorail downtown in minutes.

At this point there's still a ride-free zone for bus service that covers most of downtown Seattle. http://metro.kingcounty.gov/tops/bus/area_maps/m_seattle-rfa.html

Most people grab great deals on hotwire etc. Get familiar with what's where so you can make an informed bid.

Archived