Here's A Story For You

Lynda90

The way I heard it explained, if there are bugs in the cabins, they are brought onboard by the passengers, most likely a cruise or two before they become apparent. There is no way for the cruise ship to prevent this and they take immediate action when it does happen. I'm sorry this happened to the couple but I wouldn't slam the cruiseline if it does.

I think Cruise Network has totally over-reacted.

I have sailed both Princess and RCI and have an upcoming cruise on RCI. If you think this cannot happen on Princess and that it is an issue with cleanliness then you are mistaken. While people do have preferences for certain lines, and I do understand this, to imply that it happened because RCI ships are not clean enough is like saying lice cannot happen in a private school (they can and do). It was the luck of the draw that it was RCI this time, it could be Princess or even a high end line in the future. Bedbugs are not uncommon and can happen in any hotel etc.

Archived