Solo and Speciality Restaurants Questions

WYTinman

I'm doing a TA on the Spirit in April.

I know that the majority of folks that cruise are couples or families, and tables are set for two or more.

I would like to partake in the alternative dining options that NCL offers. In particular the Teppanyaki restaurant, Cagneys, and Le Bistro.

Is it difficult or even possible to get a reservation for "one" at these restaurants?

On a side note...I love French Onion Soup... Is there classic cheese melted over the soup bowl (Baked) French Onion Soup served anywhere on NCL ships? I've seen pictures of the soup served in the MDR and that is not baked. But. Is it good?

Thanks, Mark

I'm doing a TA on the Spirit in April.

I know that the majority of folks that cruise are couples or families, and tables are set for two or more.

I would like to partake in the alternative dining options that NCL offers. In particular the Teppanyaki restaurant, Cagneys, and Le Bistro.

Is it difficult or even possible to get a reservation for "one" at these restaurants?

On a side note...I love French Onion Soup... Is there classic cheese melted over the soup bowl (Baked) French Onion Soup served anywhere on NCL ships? I've seen pictures of the soup served in the MDR and that is not baked. But. Is it good?

Thanks, Mark

The onion soup at Le Bistro has cheese-covered bread, buried in the soup. It's still quite good. I'm not sure it has to do with cost-cutting, but rather ease of preparation.

I travel solo more often than not and I eat every dinner in one of the specialty restaurants. Teppanyaki books much faster than the others so I would suggest making your reservations as soon as you board.

+1 to what Tracy said.

I travel solo more often than not and I eat every dinner in one of the specialty restaurants. Teppanyaki books much faster than the others so I would suggest making your reservations as soon as you board.

Enjoy!

TracyE

Plus 2 :D. And I highly recommend it!

Archived