water for showers?

kelcruzn

Is it me, or is the water on board that comes out of the shower chlorinated? I used conditioner and everything but my hair still felt like straw and I didn't spend hardly any time in the pool so I don't think it was the salt water. Plus it seemed like I smelled vaguely chlorine-y when I showered on the cruise.

I am used to softened water at home, so that may be part of the problem. Anyone know? Next time, I'm taking my leave in conditioner and my rinse out conditioner!

The water on a cruise ship is taken from the sea. Its processed water. I dont know about it being chlorinated. I think it tastes fine for drinking.

But I do agree that it does dry ones hair out..that is why I have always used leave in conditioning treatment.

Oh, boy did I learn this on my first cruise really well! I just brought along my usual conditioner and by the third day, my hair was aweful! We had just docked at Antigua and the shopper on the ship recommended the Body Shoppe there and I found the Black Walnut Conditioner. It was wonderful and really did the trick! I have never cruised without it since then!

The girl at the store said it was a very common occurance everyday, someone needing a great conditioner for badly damaged hair!

June

It's a good thing I'm not a vain person....because my hair (which is normally nice and soft) always feels and looks like straw on a cruise. I never get into the pool, so it's not that. I think it's the sea air and sun. I have learned to take a good, globby-thick conditioning treatment when I cruise. Otherwise, folks have to dine with a haystack.:rolleyes:

Archived