Head's up about the Chef's Table

jerray07

Since some of the meals are served in the galley (some in the library) it is suggested that all shoes be closed toed and women should not wear heels....the is per the brand ambassador.

When I booked mine in advance, we were not given a choice of days. Evidently if they sell out one, they schedule another, because next day after we did ours, there was an 'ad' in the Fun Times setting up another one.

Also, they call in advance to get all names, food allergies, etc. I had booked for 4, they questioned who else was coming since I was in a cabin for 2. They prepare name cards, and personalized menu for you to keep.

After finding out that it can take WAY long for a reply through John Heald's blog- I went the emailing the Maitre'd route, and received no response. I figured I had been over looked, or sent to the "spam" box...

But now, a little over a month later, I received my confirmation! So the Triumph Maitre'd sees to be a bit slow, but it happens eventually!

• 4 weeks later...

Does anybody know if singles ever sign Chef's Table? I am traveling with a large group, but will not have a partner. I would like to do the Chef's Table, though. It sounds like a lot of fun! It looks like mostly couples signing up for it, so I'm hesitant. :rolleyes:

Does anybody know if singles ever sign Chef's Table? I am traveling with a large group, but will not have a partner. I would like to do the Chef's Table, though. It sounds like a lot of fun! It looks like mostly couples signing up for it, so I'm hesitant. :rolleyes:

I would say, do it! I was seated across from my DH so I chatted with people I didn't know that were seated next to me. I think a "single" person would have just as much fun as a "couple" with this kind of special night.

I emailed the steakhouse on the Miracle last night and had a response waiting for me this morning! That was crazy fast! We were given a confirmation and a choice of 2 nights on our 3/9/12 sailing. I had a few questions and each time got an email back within an hour or so. Very impressive.:D

What email address did you use? We would like to get reservations for our July 9 sailing. Thanks!

Nevermind...I stopped reading after I read your post...the next few clarified what I needed. Sorry.

Thanks to everyone for this informative thread!

I did the Chef's Table as a solo passenger male in 2010 and had a great time. At that time they were giving out the Carnival Creations Cookbook to ladies so I had to let the Head Chef know that I was solo and I wanted a cookbook so he sent one to my stateroom. I plan to sign up in September again as a solo to the Chef's Table to try the new menu. Don't be hesistant, go for it. :D

I read about a new Chef's Table menu which started in March. Does anyone have a copy of the new menu - or can you point me to a thread that has it? (I tried but no success!) Thanks

I am on my phone so I don't have a link but if you search for my threads, check the second page of my Magic review. New menu reviewed. :)

I did the Chef's Table as a solo passenger male in 2010 and had a great time. At that time they were giving out the Carnival Creations Cookbook to ladies so I had to let the Head Chef know that I was solo and I wanted a cookbook so he sent one to my stateroom. I plan to sign up in September again as a solo to the Chef's Table to try the new menu. Don't be hesistant, go for it. :D

Thank you! I've definitely decided to do it. I'm just waiting for a reply to my email. :)

Does anyone know when they traditionally offer it on the Dream (what evening) Do they avoid forml evenings and the first night? I was trying to plan for it around our private daysail in St thomas for the day. We wont be back to the Ship until around 6pm and would hate to miss it because of that....

I sent an email to the steakhouse and received a reservation by email this morning!!!

Thank you to everyone! Cruise critic members are the best!

PS - Now I'm going to hunt for that menu...Although I guess I shouldn't assume it will be the same on Miracle as it was on Magic...

I sent an email to the steakhouse and received a reservation by email this morning!!!

Thank you to everyone! Cruise critic members are the best!

PS - Now I'm going to hunt for that menu...Although I guess I shouldn't assume it will be the same on Miracle as it was on Magic...

There is a new menu and an old one. My review was the new menu and odds are that is what the miracle serves. Anyone recently on the Miracle confirm?

I booked my cruise last night and my very first order of business was finding a place on the Chef's Table! I have nearly always read on here that you booked the Chef's Table in advance by visiting JH's blog (which I did first) but then I began reading from people who waited up to 20 weeks and still had not had a confirmed booking. Some people suggested that it was faster to email the steakhouse, but I did not have this option because I am sailing on the Ecstasy and there is no steakhouse. So here's a tip for you Fantasy class ship-goers. I emailed the Maitre'D about my request and within only a few HOURS I got this reply:

"Booking Confirmed:

Dear Mrs. B____

Thank you for booking the Chef’s Table.

Your reservation request for 2 Guests is confirmed.

Should your plans change, please keep us advised at ecmaitred@carnival.com

We look forward to serving you!

Best Regards (...)"

Just thought I would share! I don't know if this is widely known or not but I haven't seen it yet. :D

Much faster than waiting on John Healds Blog to do it. Takes weeks sometimes and rather do it myself. Works for all ships.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We just got off of the Triumph four day on Monday, and I'll answer a couple of questions that have been asked.

Chef's Table was on the night of the one port day we had. We were in Cozumel and had to be back on the ship by 3:30, so it wasn't a problem for us.

There was a woman that came alone and she was welcomed to the group and seemed to have a very good time. We were fortunate to have a nice group of 11 that all interacted with each other.

Something a little different than I have seen anyone else report, is that we had the old menu, but had the new "Chef's Candy Store" for dessert, along with the warm chocolate melting cake that one of our table mates made in the galley while we watched. I was glad we had the old menu, so was surprised to see the new dessert at the end. I was not wild about the dessert, just not my cup of tea, but the rest of the meal was so fabulous I did not have much room for anything at that point anyway.

As for reservations, my daughter first made the request on John Heald's blog or facebook, and when there was no reply she emailed the Maitre'd onboard and got a response pretty quickly. The assistant Maitre'd came to our table the first night in the MDR and verified that we did not have any special food needs. There were a couple of people at our table that did not like calamari, and they were given some sort of fried cheese balls instead, which they said they were delicious.

Hope this helps!

I booked my cruise last night and my very first order of business was finding a place on the Chef's Table! I have nearly always read on here that you booked the Chef's Table in advance by visiting JH's blog (which I did first) but then I began reading from people who waited up to 20 weeks and still had not had a confirmed booking. Some people suggested that it was faster to email the steakhouse, but I did not have this option because I am sailing on the Ecstasy and there is no steakhouse. So here's a tip for you Fantasy class ship-goers. I emailed the Maitre'D about my request and within only a few HOURS I got this reply:

"Booking Confirmed:

Dear Mrs. B____

Thank you for booking the Chef’s Table.

Your reservation request for 2 Guests is confirmed.

Should your plans change, please keep us advised at ecmaitred@carnival.com

We look forward to serving you!

Best Regards (...)"

Just thought I would share! I don't know if this is widely known or not but I haven't seen it yet. :D

I did the same thing. Would not have known to do this without CC. Thank you CC members who post helpful stuff to make cruising easier. I like a good chair hog thread too!!:D

• 1 month later...

I know that nobody has posted in this thread in awhile, but I have a question that other have asked but I didn't see answered:

How far in advance can you reserve this? 3 months, 2 months, 5 months?

I'm just trying to set a reminder in my email so that I get try to get a spot.

Thanks!

I know that nobody has posted in this thread in awhile, but I have a question that other have asked but I didn't see answered:

How far in advance can you reserve this? 3 months, 2 months, 5 months?

I'm just trying to set a reminder in my email so that I get try to get a spot.

Thanks!

I booked 6 months in advance last year. I booked last week for our cruise in August.

Archived