Scandinavia vs. Mediterranean

shoegal24

I see you are from Wales and am thinking you want to be sure you get some warm weather for a change.

This is very true jacketwatch. We booked the ship really for the time we could get off work. Cruised on the Eclipse last year to the Med and fell in love with her. We both love using the pool and sundeck during the sea days a big part of the vacation for us, and hearing that our friends were unable to do this due to poor weather really did put us on a downer. And you are correct we hear in Wales do have a lot of rain in the Autumn and winter,Summers pleasant though.

My paternal ancestors came from near Cardigan, Wales. One day, I wish to visit there.

I am sure you would love Wales , Beautiful scenery, fabulous beaches and steeped in history. best time to visit spring and summer. We also have our own language which is widely spoken around the cardigan area. The castles in Wales are also Awesome I am sure you would love it :)

I am sure you would love Wales , Beautiful scenery, fabulous beaches and steeped in history. best time to visit spring and summer. We also have our own language which is widely spoken around the cardigan area. The castles in Wales are also Awesome I am sure you would love it.

Have visited northern Wales. Agree with your points on the beauty, charm and history there, plus some good food. Want to see more of Wales!!

Lots of great options for the Med and Baltics, but there are other options to consider in and around Europe.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 64,728 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

In the area of northern Wales, here are some of my visual samples for what all is there to see and enjoy. Lots of very good options! Below are sheep in a coastal grazing area, Harlech Castle (built 1283-89) interiors, Snowdonia National Park bridge and mountains, a Park lake scene, a Wales village street-building scene of the Pont-y-Pair Hotel in the center of Betws-y-Coed and a part of the cute Portmeirion village with its Italianate-design architecture.:

WalesSheepCoastalPix.jpg

WalesHarlechCastle.jpg

WalesSnowdenBridgeRiver.jpg

WalesSnowdenLakeMtns.jpg

WalesVillageBuildings.jpg

WalesPortmuron.jpg

MAN! Terry, you've been EVERYWHERE!!!! :eek:

shelbyz: And your photography is amazing! Thanks for sharing with all of us.

Appreciate the kind comments. NOT everywhere! Far from it. Lots of places in Europe (22 different countries' date=' many places multiple times), plus Cuba, Argentina, US, etc. Never for Africa, SE Asia, China, India, NZ-Australia, Hawaii, etc.

[b']Am looking for "sponsors"[/b], being adopted by somebody rich, hired as a travel-along photographer, etc. No shame here. Willing to beg and ask!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 64,728 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 59,277 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

I was all set to book a med. cruise for July, now my husband said he thinks he'd rather do a Scandinavian cruise. Both interest me, but neither of us have been to Europe, so we have no idea what to expect from either option.

For those that have done both, what did you prefer? FWIW, the Solstice is going to the med. and the constellation is the ship that's going doing the Scandinavian cruise.

It's a hard choice, I'd say do both, maybe one this year and the other sometime later. St. Petersburg was the absolute highlight of my Baltic cruise, also Tallin, an unexpected little gem. We went in Aug and it was pretty hot everywhere, and crowded too. Did the Med last May/June and there again it was out of the world, though you should do this one in the shoulder season, not July/Aug. Happy cruising, enjoy...:)

Archived