Carnival fantasy - porthole room

wrigley80

We are going on the Carnival Fantasy next month and we are in cabin R31 (which is a porthole cabin). :) Has anyone ever had a cabin like this?? We are used to having a balcony cabin but since there are no balcony cabins (only suites) on the Fantasy. I am looking forward to the difference but my dad isn't quite so sure.

If anyone has input out there about these rooms it would help for me to reassure him that it will be fine. HAHAHA :eek:

We adored our porthole room. I loved sitting up on the window sill and watching out the windows. You cant beat the cost of having natural light at the cost of an interior. We would definitely book one again.

There was a bit of noise as you enter the ports but that was our "alarm clock" that we should be up and getting ready to go.

There is a picture heavy review in my signature if you would like to read it. We had cabin U15. There is a pic of it on page 1 or 2. (I cant remember) :rolleyes:

We are cruising out again on Fantasy on 3/23/12. We wanted a porthole again but decided to try an aft oceanview for kicks. :p

• 6 months later...

Sailed on the Glory to Canada. I am a very early riser and husband likes to sleep longer. I would open the port window and sit on the spacious ledge, pull the curtain so the sun didnt shine in. Would watch the fish, waves and just relax with a cup of coffee. No traffic in the halls, room felt a little bigger.

• 2 years later...

I love reading all these replies. So much information. We'll be sailing on the Fantasy May 7, 2015 . Our 2 prior cruises with Carnival on the Liberty & Splendor were balcony rooms which I love. I was so worried that we wouldn't like the Porthole room M11 on the Fantasy. But after reading this I have a different view of thing :):p:rolleyes::D

I'm sorry to post here! I'm new and I can't figure out how to start a new thread. I only see the "post reply" button. Can anyone help? Thanks and sorry to post his question in this thread.

Top of screen click carnival cruise. Once back to that main page on then left you will see "new thread"

We are going on the Carnival Fantasy next month and we are in cabin R31 (which is a porthole cabin). :) Has anyone ever had a cabin like this?? We are used to having a balcony cabin but since there are no balcony cabins (only suites) on the Fantasy. I am looking forward to the difference but my dad isn't quite so sure.

If anyone has input out there about these rooms it would help for me to reassure him that it will be fine. HAHAHA :eek:

In July I did a last minute with my sister. I had R29 and she had R31. I had serious concerns over a porthole and being that low. Truthfully it turned out to be a fantastic location and just a wonderful cabin. R31 is the last porthole cabin so you are not right in the front. There was absolutely no movement and not one sound of pulling into port. The deck was extremely quiet. Another added bonus - Excellent cabin steward who took such wonderful care of us! Tell you Dad he will love it!

In July I did a last minute with my sister. I had R29 and she had R31. I had serious concerns over a porthole and being that low. Truthfully it turned out to be a fantastic location and just a wonderful cabin. R31 is the last porthole cabin so you are not right in the front. There was absolutely no movement and not one sound of pulling into port. The deck was extremely quiet. Another added bonus - Excellent cabin steward who took such wonderful care of us! Tell you Dad he will love it!

This post was from a long time ago. We were on the Fantasy in 2012.