Transfers from Airport

woodsy64

We are flying into Ft. Lauderdale, but or cruise on the Destiny debarks out of Miami. We have transfers to the port, but I'm worried that Carnival will not be there to pick us up. Has anyone made the transfer from Ft. Lauderdale to the port of Miami? How long does it take. I don't know my Florida geography very well.

Yes, they'll be there. Look for the Carnival Rep holding a sign as you go down the escalator towards baggage claim.

Also make sure that your correct flight information is entered when you fill out your Fun Pass online before departure. That helps with the Reps being on the lookout for you as well...

Transfer time without traffic is around 35 minutes, but it can take an hour or more with the famous I-95 traffic jams...

But since you have Carnival transportation, you should be safe if there are any traffic jams.

Years ago, we did Carnival flights, and airport transportation. Our plane was late, and they held the ship. Everyone on deck was drinking heavily, and the cheering started as our bus pulled up to the gang-way. Quite spectacular!

Boy, I just realised, they did pull up to the ship, and just let us board. But this would have been 1983? Lots of things different now!

Archived