What do you do to make your room/cruise more personal

chargercouple

I had one of those diffuser things until my husband knocked it over. Two years later there is still an overpowering stench of "hippy spa" in that part of the house!! The thing I always bring is my st Christopher. It is on a long chain and I always drape it over the dials for the air con... Keeps me happy anyway?!

Okay, I just know some people are going to think this is "snotty" but I have to say it ...... some cruisers have said that they decorate their door to help them find their room down a long hallway. Um, isn't that why the cabins are numbered?

If you like to decorate your door to make it look cutesy or nice or for a celebration or anything like that, that's great! Have at it!

I just couldn't help but smile when I thought about not being able to "find" your room without decorations.

Sorry! Don't mean to offend, but you know what I mean!

I've sometimes wondered if some people decorate their door to make it easier to find after they've had one too many DOD's. When you're "blitzed", I would imagine a big, bright door decoration would be easier to look for than the room number.:rolleyes::D

We do decorate the door, usually with paper fish, as our goal on most of our cruises is to snorkel, and it looks fun. I do bring a battery operated candle, not so much for ambiance as to find the bathroom in the middle of the night. I light it(turn it on) and place it in the bathroom, near the mirror for reflection(creates more light) and then I don't have to turn on the lights. I also take a battery operated fan, I take it, but have never had to use it. That may change as we will be cruising in September, and the warmer sun may be heating the cabin more than a winter sun.:)

I do enjoy flowers in the cabin, makes it feel more like I am being spoiled :rolleyes: than what goes on at home.:p Hanging the clothes up at least when I unpack makes the cabin feel like home.

Archived