Need Wine Pros

SardisGrandma

Agreed with one of the previous poster. Of the reds the Hess is actually a good budget Cab. Usually Shiraz's are fine even at entry point levels but sometimes overdone on spice and alcohol... so try it and see how it suits you. South America is also another value region. I would probably pick the Hess from your list. Also definitely bring some of your own special selections>

I have to agree.

I would disagree. If you go to a nice restaurant on land, your choices for $36 bottle of wine will be in the $8-$12 range. Here you get a few good choices of $20 bottles, that would easily run you $45-$50 on land.

Of course if your pallet is for a Beringer White Zin. then these are way over priced and if you drink a Beringer Private Reserve Cab., then you will not find anything on the ship to your liking.

It's all a matter of preference.

Cheers

We booked so long ago and I enjoy wine in any event(not a oenophile by any means!) so I have tried most of the wines I could find in ALL the packages that I hadnt tried before. Was lots of fun..

With the exception of the Kendall Jacksons( a fav anyway) I didnt really enjoy any of the Premium wines and so will not pay the price.

I started working my way down/Up? the packages and do you know I actually like most of the wines in the "cheap" package the best:)

Here are my choices(BTW flame if u like)

Barefoot Pinot Noir

Smoking Loon Cabernet Sauv.

Clifford Bay Sauv Blanc

and for balcony sipping early in the day Copper Ridge White Zin.

I will order the Kendall Jackson Merlot seperately for the steakhouse

Archived