Quest/Come Fly With Me question

Nickles

I just booked my entertainment for my upcoming Oasis cruise. I booked Come Fly With Me at 10:30 on Thursday night. It goes until 11:15.

Everything I read says that Quest is on Thursday. Is Quest held in the same theatre or is it somewhere else? Should I be booking the earlier time for Come Fly With Me? I don't want to miss Quest!

If you want good seats for Quest and/or want to be a participant I would change the show time to an earlier time. Of course they could change the night of Quest - you never know :eek: I never book those late shows - we like to get to Studio B early for Quest and my son always wants to be a team captain :rolleyes:

Come Fly with me is in the main theatre and quest is in studio B

Quest moves some times, ( on all ships) but you should be able to do both, with that schedule. On this class of ships, they usually open the doors at about 11:15 ( studio B) which is just on the other side of Entertainment Place from the Opal theater, not a long walk. People will line up early, but you could walk in after the other show and find a seat. It may not be in the first few rows, ( so if you want to captain or have a particularly well located tat, you might prefer to get there early and line up) but you will definately find seats to enjoy Quest! The pre show is almost 45 minutes long!

If you want to slip out of Come Fly quickly, sit in the balcony or mezz section. Honestly, that particular show has some effects you will enjoy more if you aren't sitting in the first few rows of the theater.

Oh, BTW- our Quest was delayed because Amy was doing her shtick at the end of the Come Fly With Me show...lol! So you won't miss anything till after the CD, leaves that show;-)

What is quest? is this a game? I wll be on this boat in september and have group of 20, would love to do anything fun

A group of 20 should have a lot of fun at Quest.

Quest is a team-oriented, adult-themed scavenger hunt that is best enjoyed with a VERY open mind. The level of audience participation helps to determine how much fun it is. If you're shy then this might not be the game for you. If you're going to participate as either a team or audience member, you can't be shy or embarrass easily. But your team members will support you, so will your group of 20.

I went, had a lot of fun.

Only advice or hint I will give: wear good, clean under wear. :D

Have fun!!

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to do a new thread for this but lets see if this gets seen first...

I'm noticing The Quest is done in Studio B, though some say it might be moved...we are going on the Voyager of the Seas...do they hand out tickets for this show like they do the skating shows? Or do they still even do that for the skating shows...last time on this ship was 3 years ago.

I also see some notes about scheduling shows...do we have to sign up for any shows in advance? If so, how do we do that? Is there anywhere online I could glance at the daily schedules in advance to see what to expect and what we can work around our late seating? Thanks for your help.

I was going to do a new thread for this but lets see if this gets seen first...

I'm noticing The Quest is done in Studio B, though some say it might be moved...we are going on the Voyager of the Seas...do they hand out tickets for this show like they do the skating shows? Or do they still even do that for the skating shows...last time on this ship was 3 years ago.

I also see some notes about scheduling shows...do we have to sign up for any shows in advance? If so, how do we do that? Is there anywhere online I could glance at the daily schedules in advance to see what to expect and what we can work around our late seating? Thanks for your help.

Hi Dave- this was an Allure specific thread. On your ship, Voyager, Quest is likely held in Studio B (It is on Navigator which is the same size and class ship). It will be held very late at night, well after late seating, and you do not have to make any reservations for it on any of the ships; you just walk in and sit down. Best to arrive a little bit early if you wish to be "involved" in the game and sit close, otherwise, there has always been a seat somewhere on every Quest I've been to. Also, on Voyager class they will show "replays" of the action on the video screen, so you will get a second look at anything funny that happend quickly or you aren't facing the action. I find the best seats are those where you are alongside the Studio B, not right in front facing the cruise director. You cant see the teams presenting their "objects" to the CD as they will have their backs to you. From the side you can see both participants and CD's reactions.

As far as I have experienced, (unless it's changed very recently)they have not started having folks pre reserve entertainment shows on Voyager Class. They are scheduled so that you can make one or the other if you have early or late dining. Reserving is specific to Allure/Oasis and Freedom Class. Have fun!

Hi Dave- this was an Allure specific thread. On your ship, Voyager, Quest is likely held in Studio B (It is on Navigator which is the same size and class ship). It will be held very late at night, well after late seating, and you do not have to make any reservations for it on any of the ships; you just walk in and sit down. Best to arrive a little bit early if you wish to be "involved" in the game and sit close, otherwise, there has always been a seat somewhere on every Quest I've been to. Also, on Voyager class they will show "replays" of the action on the video screen, so you will get a second look at anything funny that happend quickly or you aren't facing the action. I find the best seats are those where you are alongside the Studio B, not right in front facing the cruise director. You cant see the teams presenting their "objects" to the CD as they will have their backs to you. From the side you can see both participants and CD's reactions.

As far as I have experienced, (unless it's changed very recently)they have not started having folks pre reserve entertainment shows on Voyager Class. They are scheduled so that you can make one or the other if you have early or late dining. Reserving is specific to Allure/Oasis and Freedom Class. Have fun!

Great advice...thanks!

Oh, no! Familygoboston let the cat out of the bag about where the good seats are in the ice rink for Quest! Never could figure out why everybody thinks they have to be on the "end" so they can see all the action with no poles in the way.

We're just back from the Liberty and the Quest was held in the Sphinx lounge where there was standing room only. I was surprised they let that many people in the room with that much "activity" going on. We had "first-time" cruisers with us and I think the Quest was the highlight of their trip.

Oh, no! Familygoboston let the cat out of the bag about where the good seats are in the ice rink for Quest! Never could figure out why everybody thinks they have to be on the "end" so they can see all the action with no poles in the way.

We're just back from the Liberty and the Quest was held in the Sphinx lounge where there was standing room only. I was surprised they let that many people in the room with that much "activity" going on. We had "first-time" cruisers with us and I think the Quest was the highlight of their trip.

LOL, Sassy! Fortunately, CC'ers are only about 1/10 of cruisers:D We just had Quest on Jewel, and I've done 2 recent crusies with the "lounge" Quest and several with the Studio B Quest, and given the amount of poeple on all of these ships (heck even the "little ones" have thousands of people) I prefer the Studio B with the large replay vidoes and steep seating. I couldnt see a thing at my most recent Quest, unless you are the CD, I don't think you can see the funny stuff:(

Archived