Thoughts and Pointers

msstarr22

We leave in just under 3 weeks for a 7 day Western Caribbean Cruise on the Glory I am so excited. We have sailed before and are thinking about trying to only use carry-on luggage!:eek: We are not small skinny people but we are also not real formal ones either. We have bought all the photos and souvenirs in the past so we just want to kick back and enjoy. Has anyone done this, any ideas? We did it on a 5 day so I would love the input!

You can probably get by with it by coordinating outfits (black slacks with lots of different tops, khakis with different shirts). DH and I do this on short cruises, but have never tried a 7 day. However, we stay in bathing suits and cover ups most days, so it's feasible! (It also helps that we are platinum, and can send laundry for free!) With the baggage fees on airlines, I don't blame you for trying! Good luck!

DH travels alot for business and hasn't checked a bag in long time and this rules applies to the rest of the family as well. I am glad - he has taught us well. We have gone as long as 11 days just out of rolling carry-on's. Coordinate everything with same basic color. I use black as my basis. Black bling flip flops, black dinner cover up, basic black dress, black slacks, etc. Then I choose a few things with color to accessorize: tank tops, scarves, jewelry. A tank top I wear with fancy "jewels" in dining room early in cruise, I later use as daytime tank top. I shop the local sales for any "cruise" blouses made out of chiffon and then match up with a tank top and capris or over that basic black dress. The only time that we have recently checked a bag was on the way back because DH could not resist buying some of the bargain-priced liquor. :D It is definitely do-able. Try a dry run and see how it goes. Oh, and wear your heaviest/bulkiest clothes, shoes, and pack the lighter weight items. Enjoy your cruise!

Archived