Meta Rocks Resort

T_Bone2012

We are going back to belize for a week of snorkeling in November, and was wondering if anyone stayed at this small resort - or if anyone can recommend a hotel in San Pedro or caye Caulker that is in the 150/nt range. I appreciate any and all advice!

That would be great - there are a ton of places to stay, and we aren't sure which reviews to trust!

Terry

mata rocks is a good choice...lot of nice resorts south... I would look south or in town... If you want to spend time in town. North over the bridge is hard to get back and forth. feel free to e mail with any questions www wadethegringo com

I have stayed at Mata Rocks every October since 2003. Very clean with an awesome staff. The beach bar is a popular hangout.

We booked Mata Rocks. Terry was fantastic in following up with quick responses to all of our questions within a few hours each time. Our 2 other choices took over 3 days to reply. Thanks for the help! Now I just have to find a dive company for my open water Padi testing!

• 9 months later...

We had a fabulous Thanksgiving week in Belize. Mata Rocks is a great hotel. Best boutique hotel on the island. The snorkeling at Hol Chan and Shark Ray alley was incredible. We also took an excursion to the Mayan ruins, and went cave tubing. We enjoyed it so much that we are pushing our next cruise back a year (to 2014) and going to belize again next Thanksgiving!

• 1 month later...
Tbone, Belize can do that to you. Now you know why Wade and I live/own in Belize. It is a wonderful country.

We talked to a few of American's who have moved down there, and noticed that a lot of the restaurants down there were owned by expats. Do you live on the mainland, or one of the islands? How do you guys cope with the rainy season? It would be a nice place to spend a lot of time!

Rainy season is when you read. Every day is a surprise. I run on rain water into my cistern so there are times when I am happy for the rain. When you have company coming you hope for no rain. The only real disadvantages to rain when you live here are the mosquitoes, otherwise bring it on. Janice

Archived