Newspapers

reginaphalange

Are newspapers either delivered or available for sale on the Magic?

Its not like a hotel on land where they can drop off a stack to sell at the door of the establishment.

They would have to print up the news themselves to hand out if they did.

I do miss hearing the news when Im cruising .. I admit I feel cut off more than a bit. Im a news junky.

I do miss hearing the news when Im cruising .. I admit I feel cut off more than a bit. Im a news junky.

Actually I kind of like having the international CNN feed, gives a different perspective on some stories...and we can always get the local Denver news

Actually I kind of like having the international CNN feed, gives a different perspective on some stories...and we can always get the local Denver news

I think the feed has been out of Miami on my cruises for the last year now. lol. You didnt even notice no more pictures of snow while on your cruise for the local news on? :) I like Miami better. I used to live in S. Florida so at least I know the places they are talking about.

They were printing a condensed version of the NY Times as I recall and helped me keep up with the world including sports in a few minutes over a cup of coffee.

Yes, it was the maritime Edition of the News York Times, Carnival stopped it in December, or so I was told the week before last when I asked about it on the Splendor. :(

It was also one of the FREE sites you could access on the ship's internet service. FREE - NO CHARGE! That's gone too! :mad:

Interesting enough, Holland America still offered both the maritime print edition and the FREE online edition of the same newspaper during our Nov-Dec Panama Canal cruise.

As much as we love Carnival, boy do we see a regression in their overall service level every time we board a Carnival ship!!! :mad:

Like you said, it made for interesting reading while having breakfast, much like at home.

They were printing a condensed version of the NY Times as I recall and helped me keep up with the world including sports in a few minutes over a cup of coffee.

It was news from a variety of feeds... some quite old... but it was kinda fun to take a look at. With 24 hour news available it was pretty much a waste, however...

:)

Yes, it was the maritime Edition of the News York Times, Carnival stopped it in December, or so I was told the week before last when I asked about it on the Splendor. :(

It was also one of the FREE sites you could access on the ship's internet service. FREE - NO CHARGE! That's gone too! :mad:

Interesting enough, Holland America still offered both the maritime print edition and the FREE online edition of the same newspaper during our Nov-Dec Panama Canal cruise.

As much as we love Carnival, boy do we see a regression in their overall service level every time we board a Carnival ship!!! :mad:

Like you said, it made for interesting reading while having breakfast, much like at home.

I'm guessing that must have been exclusive to the Splendor as I've never run into it. Here's a picture from the login screen on the Inspiration about 4 years ago...

IMG_0559.jpg

You can see the listings in the 'Free Zone' over on the right...

You can access Funville for FREE. Have one of your friends upload it there each day. Problem solved. :)

I'm guessing that must have been exclusive to the Splendor as I've never run into it. Here's a picture from the login screen on the Inspiration about 4 years ago...

IMG_0559.jpg

You can see the listings in the 'Free Zone' over on the right...

Mach, you are talking 4 YEARS AGO!!!! Talk about old news! :)

Plus I think you either uploaded the incorrect screen shot or my eyesight is failing me miserably. :-)

I am talking 2 weeks ago! Duncan Puttock, Hotel Director on the Splendor

said they no longer offer the print or online edition on Carnival.

I'm a news junkie as well, and also in the military so I like to stay informed. MOST of the time though; I'm happy to leave it behind for a week. My last cruise though; was when Bin Laden was killed, and I was really wishing for some newspapers! It was nice to have morning coffee over the TV coverage though!

It definately would be nice to peruse some newspaper headlines over morning coffee; but I obviously understand the logistics of it.

You can access Funville for FREE. Have one of your friends upload it there each day. Problem solved. :)

That is exactly what I am talking about, it USED to be listed with its own icon in the FREE Funville section. AS OF 2 WEEKS AGO, it's gone! We are talking accessing this on the ship's free internet sites!!!

That is exactly what I am talking about, it USED to be listed with its own icon in the FREE Funville section. AS OF 2 WEEKS AGO, it's gone! We are talking accessing this on the ship's free internet sites!!!

Funville is a subsite of Carnival, not a section, and I doubt they ever had newspapers there. I suspect the newspaper is gone because it was not something most people care about.

Archived