Have you cruised immediately after a ships refit?

RosieRuby

Hello everyone

My husband and I have booked the Azamara Quest cruise on 2 December from Spain to Brazil and have just discovered that the ship is having a refit from mid-November until 1 December, so our cruise is the first one following the refit.

I am a bit concerned about this as I've heard so many stories of ships not being completed on time, or travelling with work still being done etc. (I haven't heard this about Azamara though!)

We really enjoy travelling on the Azamara ships, with the great service and wonderful staff, but I am a little worried about this.

Do any of you have any experience of travelling on the first cruise immediately following a dry dock refit?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you:)

I would not base your concerns on any reported incidents when Azamara first was launched having bought the ships and done a minor refit. At that time, it was a new line and the staff had not settled down as a team.

Personally I would not be concerned about a post refit cruise on Azamara - if one team can make sure your experience is as good or even better than it would have been before dry dock, its Azamara.

• 1 month later...

Not wishing to sound too stupid, but just what is being re-fitted? I know the ship was built in 2000, refitted in 2007 if I'm not mistaken. I've put down a deposit for July, 2013, so this sounds very exciting to me. While the mattresses weren't bad on the Journey, end of 2010, new ones on Quest would be very nice. And Architect, nice seeing your posts again. We never met on the Journey in the Med in 2010, but perhaps sometime in the future. (And my son the architect did finally land a job, in his field...)

Dr H

Archived