Paris swarmed w/ rollerbladers Fri nights

cruise8x+

Has anyone been in Paris on a Friday night when they close down certain streets to allow thousands of rollerbladers to skate through the city? We're planning to drive to Paris from La havre and drop off the car near the Monparnasse train station. I read that the "race" begins in that area at 10:00 pm, the course is not revealed until a few days before. This would be a nightmare for first time drivers to Paris. Just wondering is anyone haas experienced this event.

We witnesssed this event some years ago. I would not worry about it. It does not last long and you would not be likely to get caught in it. Basically the police cruise ahead of the group and follow behind to keep traffic clear.

They go from one major square to another. We were sitting outside at a reastaurant on the Rue de Rivoli when they went by. I think that night they went from Bastille to Hotel de Ville. Next week it would between two other squares - just one main road for an hour os so.

Quite spectacular, lots of colored wheels, an Armada of roller bladers whooping and hollering. A few of them zig zagging along the sidewalk.

Archived