Boarding time/Marina in Miami

dincus

Any recent cruisers on Marina out of Miami know the time passengers in Veranda cabins were able to board? I know they advertise 3PM but i've read that often times you can board much earlier.

Most times you can board much earlier than 3pm, for B cabins I would say around noon if all goes well, however you will not get into your cabin until quite a bit later. You will be able to lunch at the Terrace and make your specialty restaurant reservs and grab your library books and probably be able to get into your room about 2pm for B cat a bit earlier for Concierge and above.

Depending on what time the U.S. Coast Guard "clears" the ship for boarding, general boarding begins. In Miami, historically that has been around 11:00 to 11:30 AM.

Access to your cabin/suite begins between 1:00 and 1:30 PM for suite/concierge guests and 2:30 and 3:00 PM for all other cabins.

FDR

Depending on what time the U.S. Coast Guard "clears" the ship for boarding, general boarding begins. In Miami, historically that has been around 11:00 to 11:30 AM.

Access to your cabin/suite begins between 1:00 and 1:30 PM for suite/concierge guests and 2:30 and 3:00 PM for all other cabins.

FDR

Phew, I am glad I was almost right:D

DOJO466 Thank you for your response. We were hoping to embark a little earlier. We're staying at the Intercontinental overlooking the berth where Marina docks. I'm watching her on the AIS so I won't miss her docking in the AM.

FDR This our first cruise with Oceania. To get a response so promptly from the CEO of Oceania on Cruise Critic shows why you have so many loyal cruisers on your ships. We are very excited about boarding Marina tomorrow. Thanks for your response.

After a lot of cruises, my wife and I like to board about 1 to 2 hours prior to sailing time. This is when every one and everything is relaxed and you can go right to the cabin with any carry on. Your bags show up in 15 to 20 min...

We Go to the veranda and have a drink and avoid the initial... hurry hurry syndrome. Its far nicer to just relax then to try to grab an extra bite to eat....for me. (Enough time for that later, more than enough time and food.)

I will have booked what I need over a month in advance...

I think you need Jim-tini:rolleyes:

Yes please!

Where is Antonio when you need him?

I think we're going to ask whoever is running Martini's on the Riviera to make us a Hondorner Smartini, this time around (see the 5/16 Roll Call to see what I mean).

Nothing against you, Deb (you know that).

I just find too much sweetness, cloying.

to be sweet or cloying...I thought her comment was funny..as in "loved it"!! I hope you got that chill with your martini!!..think you might have needed it!! :rolleyes: LuAnn

We've just returned from our Marina cruise 4th-16th Feb from Miami. We were in a verandah cabin, official boarding time 3pm. We boarded just before 1pm with no problem & no delay - checked in & on ship within 20 minutes of arrival at cruise port. We had lunch, wandered around a bit & went to our cabin which was ready - great !

Archived