Oceania asia cruise ports

2fairweather

Please if you have any information on where the Oceana cruise ship, Nautica, docks during the upcoming cruise, Beijing to Bangkok, it would be extremely helpful.

I have been trying to arrange private tours from each of the below cities but find it impossible to do without knowing the location of the ports. Any information would be extremely helpful.

2fairweather

Seoul

Taipei

Shanghai

Nagasaki

Kagoshima

Hong Kong

Hanoi

Hue/Da Nag

Saigon

Ko Samui

I do realize this is a long list but if you have any information of any location, it would be very helpful.

Thanks

Please if you have any information on where the Oceana cruise ship, Nautica, docks during the upcoming cruise, Beijing to Bangkok, it would be extremely helpful.

I have been trying to arrange private tours from each of the below cities but find it impossible to do without knowing the location of the ports. Any information would be extremely helpful.

2fairweather

Seoul

Taipei

Shanghai

Nagasaki

Kagoshima

Hong Kong

Hanoi

Hue/Da Nag

Saigon

Ko Samui

I do realize this is a long list but if you have any information of any location, it would be very helpful.

Thanks

The best advice that I can give you is to NEVER use the services of a guide who tells you that he does not know where your ship will be. :eek: It is an obvious sign of inexperience and/or an uncooperative nature.

Even if your ship has never been to that port before, the guides can scope it out by the size and demands of the vessel.

Another point is that even after you THINK that you have determined the location where the ship will dock, NOTHING is written in stone until the Port Authority for that Port gives the OK when your ship arrives on that day. So it is best not to be too location specific in your plans.

Enjoy your planning, but try to keep things loose enough so that a last minute change won't make you crazy.

2fairweather

Seoul

Taipei

Shanghai

Nagasaki

Kagoshima

Hong Kong

Hanoi

Hue/Da Nag

Saigon

Ko Samui

Thanks

I can tell you where Nautica docked last time.

Ko Samui--Tender Ang Thong

Saigon- In the city, just by the new highway tunnel District (Quan) 4

Hue- Chan Mai- an old industrial dock out of town

Hanoi- Dock in HaLong bay. 4 hrs or more from Hanoi

Hong Kong- Varies. Kowloon cruise terminal or Hong kong Kennedy town ferry dock. Everything in HK is easily accessible.

Seoul

Taipei

Shanghai

Nagasaki

Kagoshima

Hong Kong

Hanoi

Hue/Da Nag

Saigon

Ko Samui

Thanks

The port situation is in a state of flux at a couple of the destinations on your cruise. For example, in 2010, Nautica was able to dock at the river port directly in line with the Shanghai television tower in the city. This was a magical location both for convenience and the amazing views from the ship. However, there was some talk even then that environmental concerns were going to close that dock and everyone would be required to dock at the new facility about 30 minutes outside the city. (Big ships weren't coming up the river even in 2010. I don't know how Marina's and Riviera's size would work if either sails to Shanghai in the future.)

The only source of reasonably accurate information about an upcoming cruise will be Oceania itself, and, even then, the precise docking location is under the control of the Port Authority.

The daily ship's activities is delivered the night before in your cabin. That typically includes accurate information about the dock so you could write an email to your guide giving him/her about 12 hours notice. However, just understand that last minute changes do occur. At the end of our cruise, the ship was given last-minute instructions to dock in Kennedy, at the very southern end of Hong Kong. This was the end of our cruise and didn't have any impact on our plans, but might have with your itinerary.

Since you'll be making private touring arrangements, just make sure you have a phone number and email information to get in touch with your guide.

"Since you'll be making private touring arrangements, just make sure you have a phone number and email information to get in touch with your guide."

If you are using a local guide they will be well aware of the ship's location, that is their business and they don't get paid if they don't do the tour. Today with cell phones, etc all the guides share info and I can almost guarantee that your guide will be on the dock to greet you no matter where you dock. Just make sure they know the name of the ship.

Archived