Past guest rate applied retroactively

shaunthesheep

Has anyone successfully had the past guest rate applied retroactively to their fare after the 72 hours has passed? I booked my Feb. 25th Carnival cruise on Jan. 13th with a travel agent. The agent knew I was a past guest on Cunard, but she didn’t know that qualified me for the past guest rate on Carnival. I found out that it did just this last week and contacted her. She called Carnival but they said it was too late because you can only apply it up to 72 hours after the booking.

I called Carnival myself today, and they confirmed that the past guest rate of $100 less than what I paid was available on the date that I booked. I asked if anything could be done to rectify the situation given that it was my agent’s lack of knowledge that kept me from the lower rate (the same agent had booked me on Cunard so she knew I was a Cunard past guest; it wasn’t that I had neglected to tell her). They said no.

I know that people can have very different experiences with customer service depending when they call and which person they get, so I am just wondering if anyone has had any success with a situation like this in the past and if so, what they did to resolve it that I could perhaps try as well.

Thanks!

You would have to pursue this thru your TA, since you gave the TA control over your booking, everything has to go thru them.

If the TA pushed, they might get it done.

One more example of why people should book with a PVP if they dont have tons of Carnival knowledge themselves and wind up losing money.

Unless you are giving a friend business or getting a BIG discount or perks, its usually not worth using a TA to me. My PVP would have given me the best rates.

It does sound to me like people use TAs without knowing that they give up control of their booking .. the TA messes up .. and then they want Carnival to fix it.

Archived