It pays to keep Checking!!!

flounder315

Just sent in Early Saver Form for a $30 price drop for the kids interior cabin in July. Now if only the balcony prices would drop. :D

Nice...I have a question about that. Let's say you called and booked 3 rooms for you and your family, let's say the price drops $90 for one cabin but not the other 2...can you take that $90 of OBC and credit any of it toward the other 2 cabins or does it have to be on that cabin?

Also, I wondering if anyone has ever seen a price drop on a category that is sold out. I know that they can open back up because of a cancellation or a block of rooms being released just wondering how often it happens...

Just sent in Early Saver Form for a $30 price drop for the kids interior cabin in July. Now if only the balcony prices would drop. :D

LOL! Yesterday I submitted a form for a $10 pp price drop on our aft-extended balcony! That's enough for a welcome DOD!

Nice...I have a question about that. Let's say you called and booked 3 rooms for you and your family, let's say the price drops $90 for one cabin but not the other 2...can you take that $90 of OBC and credit any of it toward the other 2 cabins or does it have to be on that cabin?

Also, I wondering if anyone has ever seen a price drop on a category that is sold out. I know that they can open back up because of a cancellation or a block of rooms being released just wondering how often it happens...

On my Dream cruise, there was no availability showing for 2 passenger balconies at one point. A few days later they opened up some 3 passenger balconies to be booked for 2 passengers. When they did that, they were less expensive than what I paid, so I got the OBC. I think that is sort of what you were asking, correct?

On my Dream cruise, there was no availability showing for 2 passenger balconies at one point. A few days later they opened up some 3 passenger balconies to be booked for 2 passengers. When they did that, they were less expensive than what I paid, so I got the OBC. I think that is sort of what you were asking, correct?

Kind of...I have a 3 person cabin booked and I see a 2 person one available in our category but no other 3's so I know they won't open the 2 person cabins up to sleep 3 because they can't...

I am thinking my chances are slim to none but thanks for letting me know. I have never booked ES before, I have always booked Past Guest except for the first cruise.

Hoping since I booked all 3 cabins if they get some OBC I can get some transferred over to me!:rolleyes:

I have saved $410. in the past week on our Cloud 9 Spa cabin on the Magic..

I did not book as ES but as long as it is before your final pymt date

(ours is 2-21-12) you can get the credit applied to your outstanding balance.

I check the rates everyday just incase they decrease....And I am happy to do!!

The price drops are coming in quickly for Carnival Magic. I booked a 8c category ES, and so far I have an OBC on the first week of $540 and on the second week for $224. I just checked today and the second another $60 drop. Keep them coming, only six weeks to vacation. Got to love ES:)

The price drops are coming in quickly for Carnival Magic. I booked a 8c category ES, and so far I have an OBC on the first week of $540 and on the second week for $224. I just checked today and the second another $60 drop. Keep them coming, only six weeks to vacation. Got to love ES:)

That is awesome. I haven't gotten a drop on our 8D balcony. I can't imagine getting $540 and $224. I was excited to get $10 and now $30.

Yep... check the prices and DOCUMENT the price drop! ONE Cove cabin came available yesterday morning on Carnival's website. I got a screen shot and sent the price protection request off to our group TA. She didn't want to submit it as that cabin sold (to one of our own group!!!) but I told her that's why I documented the lower price.

This morning I heard that Carnival honored the reduced rate... good for $100 in OBC!!!

:)

I'm surprised you're getting price drops, being that you're cruising on Easter!!

I called my PVP for a price drop of $40 for each of us, on 1/23 on a early S, for July 24th cruise to Alaska I sent in the form on 1/24 and received a response that they received it. But I have not heard anything since. I was looking at the new billing and the price dropped but the taxes and fees went up so the final bill is $17.00 more! Anyone know anything about this? And are they just that far behind?:confused:

My wife and I were not able to book Early Saver on our next cruise because we had passed the time frame to do so. But since booking we have been able to take advantage of 2 price drops and have had $200 taken off of our base fare so far. I am going to wait until the last possible day to pay the balance in case there is another drop.

So yes, just like the OP said, it pays to keep checking. Thank you CC!

My wife and I were not able to book Early Saver on our next cruise because we had passed the time frame to do so. But since booking we have been able to take advantage of 2 price drops and have had $200 taken off of our base fare so far. I am going to wait until the last possible day to pay the balance in case there is another drop.

So yes' date=' just like the OP said, it pays to keep checking. Thank you CC![/color']

Okay, just to be very clear: you don't have to be booked ES to take advantage of price drops before final payment?? And if you're not ES, how do you submit the change? (I'm new to the whole game, so bear with me.) ;)

I have been checking daily and got approved today for $413 off my balcony room and $168 off my kid's interior. I did not submit a claim for the interior because it did not show up, but the 'claim fairy' at carnival must have cross-referenced my booking nimbers and got it for me. My husband thinks I am awesome ;)

I am going to keep checking as we don't sail until the end of March.

Okay, just to be very clear: you don't have to be booked ES to take advantage of price drops before final payment?? And if you're not ES, how do you submit the change? (I'm new to the whole game, so bear with me.) ;)

If you are before final payment just call Carnival and tell them there is a price reduction (if it is one you qualify for) and they will reprice your cruise.

If you are before final payment just call Carnival and tell them there is a price reduction (if it is one you qualify for) and they will reprice your cruise.

What she said

how do you check if price has gone down? I know you go to the carnival fare viewer, do you have to find your room to see what the price is? There is fun select where you can pick your room or Fun saver where they pick your room

Do the steps for a booking. Take it as far as cabin selection and location, make sure you are picking the same category cabin. You will see on the right hand side the final cost even before it asks you for payment. Compare that to what your current booking price is and if the new price is lower get right on the phone with Carnival.

I hope this helps, good luck.

Archived