Rental car, the airport and hotels

NKsDogWalker

My parents live just South of Orlando so I will be spending time with them before and after the cruise and flying in and out of Orlando. I booked a great deal on a rental car so I didn't have to worry about finding a way to the Miami and then back to Orlando. Since I am NOT a morning person I am going to book a hotel in Miami before the cruise. What are my best options? Drop off the rental car at the airport and then take a cab to a downtown Miami hotel then take another cab to the port or book a hotel near the airport and take a cab from the airport to the airport hotel and then take another cab the next day to the port?

My parents live just South of Orlando so I will be spending time with them before and after the cruise and flying in and out of Orlando. I booked a great deal on a rental car so I didn't have to worry about finding a way to the Miami and then back to Orlando. Since I am NOT a morning person I am going to book a hotel in Miami before the cruise. What are my best options? Drop off the rental car at the airport and then take a cab to a downtown Miami hotel then take another cab to the port or book a hotel near the airport and take a cab from the airport to the airport hotel and then take another cab the next day to the port?
We rented a car in Orlando and spent the night and then dropped it of at the Miami airport.

If you drop the rental at the Miami airport, the taxi ride to port is $24 plus tip. Your question confused me a bit so I hope this helps.

Generally the airport area hotels are cheaper than downtown. If you are just looking for a place to sleep for the one night i would stay out by airport. If you booked car through Alamo or National, they have free shuttle from airport to cruise port.

Archived