NCL EPIC vs RCI Allure & Carnival Dream

Lovetwocruz2009

Hi,

I have not cruised with NCL before. I am interested in the Epic. Can anyone tell me how this ship compares to Allure or the Dream?

I am interested in a balcony cabin for me and hubby. Are the staterooms the same size as RCI and Carnival? How about the entertainment?

I know food is subjective. We enjoyed all the specialty restaraunts on the Allure. Does Epic have similiar dining venues.

Any and all comments are welcome. :)

Thank you.. Traci

I can't say anything about the Carnival Dream but I was on the Allure twice last year and also twice on the Oasis it's sister ship. And I have been on the Epic twice with the last time just last month. It will probably vary a little by balcony category but I get the feeling that the Epic cabins are slightly smaller. We've ate in specialty restaurants on both ships and both are good but still personal prefernce. Same thing about entertainment but for us we like the entertainment on the Epic better. It seems to have a more Las Vegas feel to it with the Blue Man group, Legends in Concert, Second City and howling at the Moon but it still goes back to personal taste. We like the Epic enough to be doing a med cruise in October and the 13 day TA afterwards. I don't think you could go wrong with either the Allure or the Epic. Bob

Thank you for your input. We cruised on the Allure last summer. We had a great time.

I think I will take the leap and book an Epic cruise. We enjoy the Caribbean in the Summer but I dont see any summer sailings. So maybe I will book a winter get-a-away.

Happy Cruising!

Archived