Must see or do in barbados

arnold81

Hi everyone, I'll be at port in Barbados the end of March and I'm looking for the best things to do or see while I'm there. Could anyone give me some advise?

We were there in Jan. We went swimming with Turtles with Shasa Catamaran. It was excellent!!!:)

We did the "Small Cats" 5 hour tour with lunch.

its a small 12 person Catamaran, Swim with the turtles, then swim over a few ship wrecks then sail up the coast to a beach for lunch on the boat. The lunch was very good plus lots to drink, water, beer, rum fruit juice etc...

No need to be a good swimmer, they have life jacket if you need, the salt water keeps you floating... Need to be able to climb a ladder to get back on the boat, but the crew help you..

It was best day of our cruise by far!

We always do the Silver Moon Catamaran 12 person tour...it goes to swim with the turtles and 2 snorkel stops. I also includes all snorkel gear and snacks, drinks, and lunch. The cost last year was $110 per person and while I agree that it's a bit pricey it's really worth it to only have 12 people on the whole tour and the level of service is impeccable. :)

Depends on what you like, the island is beautiful and there is lots to see or do, so sightseeing by land or sea is a must, personally I LOVE the Jolly Roger.

Using fins around the turtles is not usually allowed, but you don't need them. The turtles will swim all around you even if you are floating around in a lifevest.

HI!

I Do you have to be a good swimmer in order to do this? Can you tell me about Shasa Tours (contact, cost, included in price, type of boat...:confused:). Dis they provided fins?? (somebody told me that the use of fins is prohibited in the turtle area).

Thanks!!!!!!!!

I just realized you wrote.

you don't have to be a good swimmer, you can have a life vest if you want. It was $60 for the 3 hr tour. They had drinks, they pick you up at the port & get you back. Fins are not allowed with the turtles, but you can have them at the next stop over coral reefs & shipwreck. Julian goes in the water & watches over everyone too. Check them out at http://www.shasacatamarancruises.com/

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone, I'll be at port in Barbados the end of March and I'm looking for the best things to do or see while I'm there. Could anyone give me some advise?

if you haven't booked yet Arnold, you might be disappointed. I booked our tours 2 weeks before our cruise and i was finding that so many tours were completely sold out. We had luck booking last minute with http://barbadoscruiseexcursions.com/ We did the monkey and beach day tour which was a really great experience, but they did have a catamaran snorkeling tour available too. we looked at the resort beach day they have, but it was sold out.

Good luck

Because so many cruises depart from barbados they are extremely well organised in the port with taxis and mini buses.

When we were there we got into a mini bus going to the Mount gay rum factory, but when we got there 4 other passengers said they wanted to do an island tour and we decided to go with them. We had a really good trip with a lovely, friendly and informative driver.

We are going back next week, but haven't yet decided what we want to do.

• 3 weeks later...

Any idea what sort of food is included in the lunches on these tours? My traveling companion is a picky eater, but is fine eating chicken and corn and such. But if it's all lobsters and things like that, no so much.

We were in Barbados last month and opted to take a catamaran cruise with Elegance. VERY highly recommend them! They cap their sailing at 14 (we had only 8), so there is ample space for everyone and you are not packed in like sardines. (We saw the Tiami cruise pass us while we were out - NCL uses this company for their excursions...it was packed, standing room only!! Ugh!!) The crew consisted of 3 people - Sarah (the owner), Nick (the "captain") and Ashleigh (a guy, assistant, water guide). They were SUPER! Friendly, attentive to your every need. This cruise was 5 hours long and included the taxi transfer to their catamaran as well as:

1) Snorkeling at a shipwreck and coral reef

2) Snorkeling with sea turtles (what a fabulous experience for us and our young daughters!).

3) Unlimited drinks (wine, beer or rum punch), full and beautiful lunch (included flying fish, chicken, salads, etc....oh, and banana bread in the morning when you board),

**I think some do a beach, but we did not since a few passengers needed to get back to catch their ship.

They went above and beyond for our daughters as well - pulled out crayons and coloring books while we sailed up the coastline (about 45 mins-1hr) and gave them a plastic turtle to take home as a souvenir. WONDERFUL!!

Cost was $100pp with kids half price. They were very competitive compared to others. Book with them today, you will not be disappointed!

http://www.elegancebarbados.com/

Phone 1-246-259-2558/830-4218

Wow, homeschool'n, what a detailed post!

You have all of the costs and the contact info. Phone numbers and even an e-mail address.

Probably the most detailed recommended-tour post I've ever read.

How thoughtful.

Now, if I hadn't read all of your other posts giving detailed plaudits to tour providers and if you had more than seven (7) posts, I might believe you.

If you're going to troll, please be more subtle.

i think Barbados' best tours are for the monkeys, a snorkel trip with the turtles, and if you can get to the beach, awesome. ive never seen a tour to visit monkeys in the jungle before in the caribbean, i think its unique to barbados, same with the turtles. Ive done both and both are great expeinces guess it depends if you want be on the water or stay on land.

I was in Barbados 2 weeks ago and used Elegance tours also....in fact all 12 people on the tour were from cruise critic. And it was absolutely great...it was just as homeschool'n said ....and as you can see, I've posted alot on cruise critic!!

I highly reccomend them, but everyone can use their own judgement! I just know we had a great time.:D

Archived