PHL to LAX

Psweets

I book directly using the airlines.

Use yapta to track a flight I am interested in.

By using a third party you give up your reservation and its in their hands.

You need to be active in checking your flight no matter who youbook with-- changes do occur and you might lose your seat- Watching it for any changes will give you the leeway to make necessary changes

Start with Kayak to get a general idea of what the rates are. Some low cost carriers such as Southwest do not advertise on other travel sites, so you will also need to look up a couple of individual websites such as Southwest and Spirit. Also check the rates for both one way and round trip. Doesn't happen often, but every now and then you can get a cheaper rate if you book your to and from tickets seperately. If travelling in a large group, always check the ticket price for just one person because the booking engine will automatically charge everyone in the group the most expensive ticket price for the group. By way of example, if you have a group of four, and there are three seats available at $200, with the four seat costing $250, many booking sites will automatically charge everyone in your group the $250 price.

I will be cruising on Carnival Splendor this July and I want to book my own air, what sites have people used when booking Plane tickets?

Pam

We used to always fly with Southwest Airlines because we loved them and their flights are cheap. In October we flew with Jet Blue for the first time and we were very impressed with them. They are sort of like Southwest but I think slightly better!

We were also on the Splender. My suggestion to you is to fly into Long Beach because it is only anout 10-15 miles to the pier. Be sure you tell the taxi driver (if you are using this method) which ship you are on. I made this mistake and he brought us to the Paradise instead which was on the Long Beach side (not the San Pedro side) which ended up costing us more in taxi fees.

Long Beach is (was) a little run down, packed, and dirty but you are only landing there (and going home that way) so it shouldn't matter.... I hope I helped.. but let me know if you have any questions. :D

Archived