A few MAGIC questions...

Carlyzmom

I have a couple of questions for folks who have sailed on the Magic. I am sailing May 6!! Woo hoo! I am TRYING to pack light! How are the hair dryers in the cabins? I have long thick hair. Are they decent? I'd love to not bring one.

Also, are there small refridgerators in the cabins?

Any other tips on packing light or just facts anyone would like to share? I'm getting really excited!!!

I have a couple of questions for folks who have sailed on the Magic. I am sailing May 6!! Woo hoo! I am TRYING to pack light! How are the hair dryers in the cabins? I have long thick hair. Are they decent? I'd love to not bring one.

Any other tips on packing light or just facts anyone would like to share? I'm getting really excited!!!

The hair dryers are like they are on all the other ships in the fleet... anemic. You'd likely be better off packing your own...

The fridges aren't really refridgerators... they're coolers like the kinda things you can buy at WalMart and plug into your car's cigarette lighter. They lower the temp to about 40... maybe a tad higher.

How to pack light? Look at what you've got packed and pull half of it out. Most folks live in shorts and t-shirts and I don't think anyone would be upset if you wore the same thing to dinner twice in a week. Also, there are public laundries on board so you can do a quick wash if need be. They're $3 to wash... $3 to dry and soap and such is available from a machine for a buck...

:)

I'd say bring your own hair dryer not a lot of power and even worse you can move very far with the in cabin. If you don't mind taking a bit longer to dry and style your hair it would be OK. Fridge doesn't keep things real cold most folks buy a bucket of beer bring it back to the cabin and ask the Steward to keep it full of ice. (I've found a tip will ensure it's kept filled twice a day all week.) My rule is 2 tops for every 1 bottom that way in photos it's a new outfit every day! :) And don't bring a different pair of shoes for each outfit just bring the basics sneakers, dress shoe, sandel or flip flop, cute pair of flats that go with everything.

Archived