Do we need to bring beachtowels?

dsb1122

My wife and I are going on are first cruise in July on the Conquest. Do we need to bring beach towels or does the ship provide towels? ... and if they do provide towels, can they be taken off the ship if we wanted to go to a beach?

Thanks for any help

DB

Every ship I have been on has provided towels. You either find them in your cabin the night before a port day or they have stacks of them by the gangway that you have to sign for. That is one thing I know I don't need to bother with. Some cruise like also give you beachtype bags.

With the limits on luggage and the airlines, bulky beach towels aren't necessary to pack as the cruise lines provide them, and you can take them off the ship. Just make sure you bring them back or they will charge your account for the towels.

DB, since you'll be on a Carnival ship:

There will be beach towels in your cabin to take on shore. Don't lose them, or you'll be charged $22 per towel!

On deck, there will be towel attendants who will hand you a towel, and you return it before leaving the deck. On some ships you have to sign, some not. I didn't have to on Holiday or Sensation, but not sure about Conquest.

.....I DO take a beach towel with me. I have a couple of the thin, inexpensive beach towels from WalMart ($4). They take up very little space in my luggage, and I don't have to worry about losing a ship's towel. (Besides, it's much easier to carry these ashore, not so bulky as the ship's towels.):)

We also take cheap lightweight beach towels with us. The Carnival beach towel was very large and quite heavy. It was nice to use while on the ship but I was glad I did not have to take it with me off shore. My cheapie light weight one was just perfect for the beaches. I did a seven night cruise and also took only one suitcase and one carry on and I didn't have a problem fitting that towel in. Good luck.

Archived