MSC stop in Roatan have afew questions

Wimpinthewater35

We booked our 2nd cruise on Poesia for next winter. One of the stops is Roatan and I was wondering:

Does MSC normally dock in Coxens hole or Mahogany Bay or tender?

Can anyone say what type of transportation they use for excursions looking at pictures of the port it seems alot of school buses are in the parking lot nearby are these used for excursions?

Is this port similar to Crown bay in st thomas in that once past the few shopping stalls nothing else is in the area without using a taxi?

What would a tour of the island cost without stops for beach and water activities.

We booked our 2nd cruise on Poesia for next winter. One of the stops is Roatan and I was wondering:

Can anyone say what type of transportation they use for excursions looking at pictures of the port it seems alot of school buses are in the parking lot nearby are these used for excursions?

Is this port similar to Crown bay in st thomas in that once past the few shopping stalls nothing else is in the area without using a taxi?

What would a tour of the island cost without stops for beach and water activities.

Last week MSC Poesia tendered to Coxen Hole. There were two ships in that day and the port area was pretty chaotic. Don't know what transport the ships' excursions used but all the local taxi tours appeared to be in minibuses. On the recommendation of a fellow passenger we spent the day at Little French Key, which was a 30-minute taxi ride and cost $25pp (inclusive of ferry/beach/sun loungers). The Key is lovely - a great choice if all you want to do is laze in the sunshine. IIRC island tours by taxi were around $30/$35 dollars but be warned - the roads are in very poor condition and friends who took one said it was poor value.

WE did Semi-Sub and West End Village . One of the best excursions we aver had . Roatan is beautiful and wild (ok been wild 2 years ago)I am sure CCL build 100 Dimond Internationals by now:mad:

We booked through these guys http://roatancruiseexcursions.com/RoatanExcursions.html

and got a private car/driver and a great tour of the island.

We hit the Iguana Farm, the Monkey Farm and a couple of nice beaches.

Well worth the money for sure. (there were 4 in our party, two adults and two kids).

Ask for Daniel as your driver, he speaks really good english and was born and raised on the Island, he's only 19!

** as an added note we were in a smaller car and got to ask the driver to take us wherever we wanted - it was $140 for the day (4 of us); we didn't have to stop at beaches if we didn't want to, it was all up to us ***

I booked for next winter and it will be the first time I go on the same ship twice. Disappointed about the port times in Roatan. I would like to spend the afternoon there. Hopefully it will change. Also, I read somewhere that they are moving the homeport to Miami but this is not yet shown on their website.

Heading to Roatan next week on the NCL Star. First time there, can't wait.

Archived