Room Service on Allure ?

Just wondering how efficient the room service is on the Allure. We love to order our coffee and fruit plate the night before, using the hang tags provided.

With a ship this size, I wonder if we will get great service like we did with Freedom of the Seas.

Just cannot wait until April 29th!!!

Just wondering how efficient the room service is on the Allure. We love to order our coffee and fruit plate the night before, using the hang tags provided.

With a ship this size, I wonder if we will get great service like we did with Freedom of the Seas.

Just cannot wait until April 29th!!!

as you experienced on Freedom. ...K.O. Near Philly:)

They are a little bit to efficient for my taste. One night we ordered breakfast for 7.30 the following morning. I set my alarm for 7.20 to get 10 minutes to wake up before the arrival of breakfast.

At 7.10 the phone rang and the room service staff told me my breakfast was on its way.

It sure was on its way. Just as I hung up the phone and started looking for a shirt to put on, there was a knock at the door. :eek:

There I was in my underwear and a t-shirt half way on. My wife was still in bed half asleep not really understanding what was happening.

Well, I guess the room service staff has seen worse things than that. But it wasn't even 7.15 yet. Half awake I answered the door and received our breakfast. The waiter smiled politely when he saw our situation.

He was great though. He asked where we wanted our breakfast and then went out on the balcony to set everything up for us. The wife still in bed. :D

It felt like I had done something wrong, greeting a "guest" like that, only in my underwear. I sent the waiter of with a $5 tip and an excuse for my "semi formal" attire. :D

Now I know that the time you check on your breakfast order is the latest time it will arrive. Not the earliest time as i thought.

So yes - the room service is VERY efficient!

They are a little bit to efficient for my taste. One night we ordered breakfast for 7.30 the following morning. I set my alarm for 7.20 to get 10 minutes to wake up before the arrival of breakfast.

At 7.10 the phone rang and the room service staff told me my breakfast was on its way.

It sure was on its way. Just as I hung up the phone and started looking for a shirt to put on, there was a knock at the door. :eek:

There I was in my underwear and a t-shirt half way on. My wife was still in bed half asleep not really understanding what was happening.

Well, I guess the room service staff has seen worse things than that. But it wasn't even 7.15 yet. Half awake I answered the door and received our breakfast. The waiter smiled politely when he saw our situation.

He was great though. He asked where we wanted our breakfast and then went out on the balcony to set everything up for us. The wife still in bed. :D

It felt like I had done something wrong, greeting a "guest" like that, only in my underwear. I sent the waiter of with a $5 tip and an excuse for my "semi formal" attire. :D

Now I know that the time you check on your breakfast order is the latest time it will arrive. Not the earliest time as i thought.

So yes - the room service is VERY efficient!

Too Funny!! Thanks! I will keep the "time frame" in mind! You gave me a laugh this morning over my morning coffee; heading to work today :((( (can use all the humor I can get!!!!!)

Too Funny!! Thanks! I will keep the "time frame" in mind! You gave me a laugh this morning over my morning coffee; heading to work today :((( (can use all the humor I can get!!!!!)

Same here! Im fortunate enough to be able to work from home. But the work load demands that I put in some hours on a sunday as well.

I also try to use humor a cure! :cool:

We had horrible experiences with room service on the Oasis. The first time, hung out the card for 7:30-8 (thinking 7:30am would be great). They called at 6:10am to say they were on the way!!! Then the morning before Cozumel we decided to try it again since we had a really early departure. Marked the card for 6:30-7 this time, they were there at 6am again. 6am wasn't even an option yet two different times on the ship this happened to us.

Archived