Collected rumors about future sailings

calikak

Our Den Mother, Calikak, is at it again (still?)!

Thanks for doing all of the research Beth. It is really helpful.:) I still wish that they would plan a cruise to Bermuda. I cannot get my family to do the New England cruise but they would be interested in Bermuda.

Linda

Lisa

I wouldn't hold my breath for the Crown. Like her sister, she was designed for the Caribbean.

Diamond and Sapphire were the "designated" megaships for the West Coast - but of course, nothing is set in stone.

I am most interested to see which ship does Seattle RT to Alaska in summer of 2007. I keep hoping for the Crown.

I also doubt very much if the Crown will be in Alaska as she will be in the Caribbean starting in June 06 and she cannot go through the Panama Canal; would have to arouond Cape Horn and I think the Golden will be doing that route. Who knows.

Marilyn

You're welcome, everyone! :)

My guess about Alaska in 2007 is that next year they'll keep the ships where they are this year, with the exception of the San Francisco round-trip. Since the Regal is leaving the fleet :( and the Golden will be in San Francisco that spring, I think the Golden will be homeported in San Francisco and do the Alaska round-trips in the summer (and possibly the Mexico round-trips in the winter). That's just a guess, though, it doesn't even rise to the level of a rumor! :D

You're welcome, everyone! :)

My guess about Alaska in 2007 is that next year they'll keep the ships where they are this year, with the exception of the San Francisco round-trip. Since the Regal is leaving the fleet :( and the Golden will be in San Francisco that spring, I think the Golden will be homeported in San Francisco and do the Alaska round-trips in the summer (and possibly the Mexico round-trips in the winter). That's just a guess, though, it doesn't even rise to the level of a rumor! :D

Calikak, at first I thought that too but then what happens to the Dawn that now does r/t ouf of S.F. to Mex. Riviera. So I guess the question is the Dawn Princess as to where she will go. Thanks from me to about this thread. Hopefully it will stay on page 1.:D

Marilyn

Marilyn, that's a good question about the Dawn, and I have a theory about that too! :D You know how they've been sending Pacific Princess down to P&O Australia? I think now that the Regal is leaving, they're going to need a small ship for the Amazon and some of the other exotics that Regal used to do. So, I think Pacific will take over Regal's exotic sailings, and Dawn will get sent down to P&O Australia to take over Pacific's duties. Then they can homeport the Golden in SFO year-round, and market it as "Golden Princess by the Golden Gate" or something like that. Again, totally just a guess! :)

Marilyn, that's a good question about the Dawn, and I have a theory about that too! :D You know how they've been sending Pacific Princess down to P&O Australia? I think now that the Regal is leaving, they're going to need a small ship for the Amazon and some of the other exotics that Regal used to do. So, I think Pacific will take over Regal's exotic sailings, and Dawn will get sent down to P&O Australia to take over Pacific's duties. Then they can homeport the Golden in SFO year-round, and market it as "Golden Princess by the Golden Gate" or something like that. Again, totally just a guess! :)

Cali you do have a good point about the Golden r/t out of S.F. The Regal now does Alaska from May to Sept. Then the Dawn does Mex. Riviera from Sept to May. Also next April 07 the Golden is doing a route from Acalpulco to S.F. In the month of April there are two sailing of April 12 and April 22 going r/t from S.F. to Mex. Riviera as I am on the April 22nd sailing. So then when the Golden comes back to S.F. it should just continue on to Alaska. Makes sense to me.:D

Now I sure wish that Princess would a Vancouver r/t 10 day to Alaska. I would jump on that in a minute.

Marilyn

Where did I see that we wll be losing the Pacific Princess altogether and also the Tahitian........... P&O all year round??

I remember I was upset as I loved those 2 little ships :mad:

There will be no 'smaller' ships left with Princess now that the Regal is gone..............the smallest are the Coral & Island I think!!..........and they will remain doing the Canal - the others are too big to fit :rolleyes:

SIGH! Time to look at HAL seriously!

Gotto, besides the Coral and the Island there is also the Sun, Dawn and Sea Princess. To me those are the perfect size ships. The Coral is my favorite.

Marilyn

Gottocruise, there was a rumor that one of the cruise lines was looking to buy one of the old R ships (for those who don't know, Tahitian and Pacific are both old R ships) so there was speculation that maybe the ship being bought was Tahitian or Pacific, but I haven't heard anything about that in a while. Let's all hope they don't do it! I think Pacific and Tahitian are the only ones left that are small enough to do the Amazon itineraries, so they'd have to stop offering those if they get rid of Pacific and Tahitian.

Liz, Princess had planned to send Dawn Princess down to P&O Australia for the 06/07 season (our winter, their summer) and there was a big hoopla about it--then they changed their minds and decided to send Pacific Princess instead. My guess is that since they'll need a ship small enough to take over the Amazon itineraries, they'll send the Dawn to Australia in winter 07/08 instead of the Pacific, since they'd talked about doing that in the past. But, like I said, that's just a guess! I have no insider info at all, I just like to keep up with the gossip. :D We'll all find out their actual plans when they announce them, which will hopefully be not too much longer!

Casshew, I think I did mean 2006/07, thanks for catching that! I am the queen of typos!

• 2 weeks later...

I think the new Royal Princess is "taking over" for the Dawn (to be sent to P&O???) and I'm not sure about the Regal since her status changes all the time. I can't wait untill the scheduals for late 07' are released. I also can't wait to find out what ships doing what/who's leaving the fleet.

Yesterday, Future Cruise Consultant on Regal Princess told me that info at moment has new Royal Princess doing Easter Med (including Egypt), but not Suez Canal. May also do West Coast of Africa, 'round Cape of Good Hope to East coast of Africa, and with Safari Land Tours.

Looks like the three babies (Royal, Tahitian & Pacific) will be called Explorer Class, and will be dedicated to Exotics.

Still very much up in the air as of 10am today.

• 4 months later...

These aren't really new or rumors but it's nice to have them all in one place:

2007/08 Mexico sailings:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=377297

2007-08 Fall-Spring Caribbean sailings:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=366887

2007-08 Exotics:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=350204

2007-08 Hawaii & South Pacific:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=326703

2007 Alaska roundtrips:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=340451

2007 Alaska one-way:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=333005

2007 Summer Caribbean sailings:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=326706

I just rec'd my 2007 Europe brochure today and it is awesome. In the back the cruise chart has the Regal transferring out of the fleet in Sept. 2007.

The Pacific Princess goes back to P & O in Oct. 2007 which is what it will do this fall, too then Princess has it April to October 2007. I'd be tempted to do Alaska again on the Pacific, I refuse to go there on a big ship.

I saw on Princess that the Royal Princess will be doing the Amazon cruises late Fall 2007 into Spring 2008, from Ft. Lauderdale to Manus and back again, many times! The old Royal Princess did those cruises.

The brochure also has the Sun Princess doing RT Alaska from Seattle for May through September (Inside Passenger).

I'm hoping they move the Royal Princess around to different itineraries, I love a small ship!

Archived