Emergency, please read.

packard89

We are leaving tomorrow on the Conquest, the family that is coming with us is having a family emergency.....a family member is ill and dying. My son is staying in their room (to be near their son). If they cancel, will Carnival allow me to move my sons reservation to my room? One of their children was supposed to stay with me so I will have an available bed. I am hoping someone here can give me some input before I call Carnival. I am beyond upset right now!!

Thank you in advance.

Kirsten

We are leaving tomorrow on the Conquest, the family that is coming with us is having a family emergency.....a family member is ill and dying. My son is staying in their room (to be near their son). If they cancel, will Carnival allow me to move my sons reservation to my room? One of their children was supposed to stay with me so I will have an available bed. I am hoping someone here can give me some input before I call Carnival. I am beyond upset right now!!

Thank you in advance.

Kirsten

I am sorry for the family member.

At this late date Carnival nay consider them a no show.

I am sure you can move the other family member to your cabin once you board.

I don't know why you would even bother posting this question. Just get on the phone to Carnival, and you'll have your answer!

Why thank you! Of course I am going to call them!! I figured I'd get responses quicker than I could get a hold of Carnival which turned out to be true as I'm STILL on hold!!

I am sorry for the family member.

At this late date Carnival nay consider them a no show.

I am sure you can move the other family member to your cabin once you board.

Thank you very much for your response. I am still on hold with Carnival right now. Have a good night.

Why thank you! Of course I am going to call them!! I figured I'd get responses quicker than I could get a hold of Carnival which turned out to be true as I'm STILL on hold!!

Is the other family going to cancel or just not show up? How old are the children who need to be swapped? So many things can affect what happens, I hope it all works out for your family, and prayers up for your friends' family.

Please remember that you may need to call back to speak to somebody else if the first person doesn't have the answer or experience you need.

Unfortunately the first person to answer at Carnival often doesn't have accurate information.

Just a tip not to be disappointed with the first thing you hear from them.

Is the other family going to cancel or just not show up? How old are the children who need to be swapped? So many things can affect what happens, I hope it all works out for your family, and prayers up for your friends' family.

They are waiting until morning to decide if they're cancelling or not. And my son is 16.....and the child he'd be swapping with is 11. I am still on hold with Carnival. I appreciate the input!

Please remember that you may need to call back to speak to somebody else if the first person doesn't have the answer or experience you need.

Unfortunately the first person to answer at Carnival often doesn't have accurate information.

Just a tip not to be disappointed with the first thing you hear from them.

Thanks, this is EXACTLY why I posted this question.

Sorry for others' insensitive comments when you are obviously distressed right now.

I hope Carnival works with you. I'm guessing they will since this is an extenuating circumstance.

Thank you, I am a nervous wreck! And yes, it came from out of the blue. It's not 100% that they are cancelling. I just need to know what happens if they do......still on hold with Carnival.....this is taking forever!

Thank you in advance.

Kirsten

I would hope that since you had already booked a quad that it would be no problem, but please let us know the final outcome.

Just hung up with Carnival. If they decide to cancel, we have to call Carnival ASAP. I will need a triple not a quad so they would have to change that. I really hope they don't cancel, we've been planning this for months and the children will all be so disappointed!

Thanks for the friendly responses! I can sleep now!

Kirsten

They are waiting until morning to decide if they're cancelling or not. And my son is 16.....and the child he'd be swapping with is 11. I am still on hold with Carnival. I appreciate the input!

Pretty sure that at this point its not going to matter for them if they cancel or no show....because there is no refund available - even if they do offically cancel.

It will effect you though - so I hope that Carnival answers your questions so that you will know your options!

Good luck!

Just hung up with Carnival. If they decide to cancel, we have to call Carnival ASAP. I will need a triple not a quad so they would have to change that. I really hope they don't cancel, we've been planning this for months and the children will all be so disappointed!

Thanks for the friendly responses! I can sleep now!

Kirsten

Did you type that backwards?? You would need a triple and not a quad :confused: - that confuses me. But maybe I am missing something.

Sounds like Carnival will find a way to make it work for you. I wish you and your travel mates the best.

Did you type that backwards?? You would need a triple and not a quad :confused: - that confuses me. But maybe I am missing something.

Sounds like Carnival will find a way to make it work for you. I wish you and your travel mates the best.

I have a quad with 2 of my friends children. (Long story) If she cancels, I only need a triple. Sorry for the confusion. I'm just really upset right now. I've looked forward to this vacation for months, not to mention....I am sad for my friends that they have an ill family member. And yes, Carnival will work with us, we'll just need to move to another cabin which is ok.

Thank you.

I have a quad with 2 of my friends children. (Long story) If she cancels, I only need a triple. Sorry for the confusion. I'm just really upset right now. I've looked forward to this vacation for months, not to mention....I am sad for my friends that they have an ill family member. And yes, Carnival will work with us, we'll just need to move to another cabin which is ok.

Thank you.

Good - I'm glad. I hope you can enjoy the cruise - no matter which way it goes.

Safe travels! ;)

Good - I'm glad. I hope you can enjoy the cruise - no matter which way it goes.

Safe travels! ;)

Thank you so much. I'm going to cross my fingers and say some prayers tonight. She's deciding at 6:00 a.m. so it's out of my hands right now. I will still enjoy myself but not as much, we were to celebrate her birthday while on vacation. I have so many surprises lined up for her!! <sigh>

Goodnight.

But you shouldn't have to move cabins ?

The other family will be a last minute cancellation and therefore they will forfeit the cruise fare. As far as Carnival is concerned, your quad room is paid for. In fact, the empty room they should have had would be paid for too. I don't suppose the rooms are real close to each other are they ? You could have 2 rooms (ie: one for you and your DH, and your son next door).

The fare would be reimbursed to your friends by their insurance company and since their folio would not have been activated, the tips and port charges would not be charged to the S&S account.

Good luck...

Try to get some rest, nothing you can do about it now anyways. It will be hard if your friends dont go, but everything happens for a reason. Safe travels to you and prayers for your friends and the family. I know it will be hard, but ENJOY your trip, you have waited a long time for it to get here!

But you shouldn't have to move cabins ?

The other family will be a last minute cancellation and therefore they will forfeit the cruise fare. As far as Carnival is concerned, your quad room is paid for. In fact, the empty room they should have had would be paid for too. I don't suppose the rooms are real close to each other are they ? You could have 2 rooms (ie: one for you and your DH, and your son next door).

The fare would be reimbursed to your friends by their insurance company and since their folio would not have been activated, the tips and port charges would not be charged to the S&S account.

Good luck...

Maybe I missed it .. but didnt see the OP say the other family had insurance.

Archived