RSVP Feb 9-16, 2013 - Eurodam

Boytjie

Just back from the 2013 cruise. 2014 voyage will be on MSC Divina, February 15-22, 2014. Itinerary includes stops in St. Maarten, San Juan and Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas.

Anyone care to discuss the fiasco that was the special guest star?? :-)

Did you not see the show? Oh, dear. It ended with the star yelling from the stage to the audience members leaving the theatre to stop leaving. When they did not, the star jumped from the stage and ran down the aisle to stop them. Brad picked up the microphone at this point and thanked everyone for coming, bringing up the house lights.

And from someone that was there, that's just a small taste of the festivities.

Train wreck, indeed.

Just back from the 2013 cruise. 2014 voyage will be on MSC Divina, February 15-22, 2014. Itinerary includes stops in St. Maarten, San Juan and Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas.

Anyone care to discuss the fiasco that was the special guest star?? :-)

Please be understanding with Carrie. She was not under any influence. We felt so bad for her. Most people do not have the experience or knowledge of what mental illness can do to someone. Carrie is very open about the fact she is Bi-Polar. She described in detail her highs and lows with Oprah. Those of us who know people with the same situation knew right away what was happening. She was in one of those highs and it can appear to be other causes. Please support her and do not make fun of her. It can be hard to understand. We still love her.

Please be understanding with Carrie. She was not under any influence. We felt so bad for her. Most people do not have the experience or knowledge of what mental illness can do to someone. Carrie is very open about the fact she is Bi-Polar. She described in detail her highs and lows with Oprah. Those of us who know people with the same situation knew right away what was happening. She was in one of those highs and it can appear to be other causes. Please support her and do not make fun of her. It can be hard to understand. We still love her.

Bravo. I couldn't have said it better. She was NOT "on" anything, she was just in a very strong manic state. I feel so badly for her. Anyone who lets her appearance "ruin" the entire week for them needs to lighten up.

Bravo. I couldn't have said it better. She was NOT "on" anything, she was just in a very strong manic state. I feel so badly for her. Anyone who lets her appearance "ruin" the entire week for them needs to lighten up.

Thanks for letting us know about her problems. However, and as a person who sat through much of her "performance" (I left when the dog pooped), I think RSVP shares some responsibility for this disappointment. RSVP should have either been more cautious of her state or not booked her at all.

Thanks for letting us know about her problems. However, and as a person who sat through much of her "performance" (I left when the dog pooped), I think RSVP shares some responsibility for this disappointment. RSVP should have either been more cautious of her state or not booked her at all.

The person who should have looked out for her was her assistant. She was in that state on the beach and should have been a red flag. He should have put her health above keeping a scheduled show.

The person who should have looked out for her was her assistant. She was in that state on the beach and should have been a red flag. He should have put her health above keeping a scheduled show.

We agree with you that given her history her assistant perhaps should have intervened and spoken to Rachel.

We were on the last tender back from the beach and we could not help but notice her behavior and, to be honest, her appearance. We were concerned. When we left dinner and were told of the incident at the first show we thought, or hoped, that the gentleman in the elevator was perhaps a nasty old queen who was embellishing when he exclaimed how there couldn't possibly be a second show. Sadly, he was correct. We had looked forward to seeing her show. We can only wish her well.

I actually felt pretty bad for her. She is not one of those eccentric celebrities that also happen to be major jerks to random people. That sort of personality I might enjoy watching crash and burn. I had a chance to chat a bit with her at Half Moon Cay before she got swarmed by everyone, and she was genuinely a very warm and seemingly wonderful person. She is obviously someone who requires a *LOT* of direction and handling, which RSVP didn't seem prepared for.

We didn't end up leaving the theater at all. Regardless of the show itself being a train wreck as far as a total lack of structure, I still found her entertaining to listen to. She just needed to not get distracted so easily and be allowed to wander so far off base.

I also think RSVP should have realized quite early on that Carrie Fisher doesn't have a "gig." She wasn't coming on to perform comedy or do a dance routine or a Broadway musical performance. I am not sure why, knowing her past, that they thought it would be a good idea to toss her out on stage alone with a deck of Q/A cards with no supervision. ::shakes head::

Great cruise, very different from my last RSVP cruise 13 years ago. Partner and I booked for 2014 along with another couple who traveled with us on the Eurodam.

We are looking forward to another Meet and Greet which Peter did an excellent job putting together this year. Thank you Peter.

We are also booked on RSVP's Blue Danube River Cruise July 29, 2013. If anyone else is booked on that one let me know.

Of course we're crazy jealous that we didn't go. Miss you, Jim and Terry, need to catch up, especially Jim-my shared birthday buddy.

Has anyone considered Alaska this summer? Hope so.

Sorry to hear about headliner. I understand the challenges addiction can bring. I hope everyone considers how difficult it can be to lead a "normal" life, or as close as one can get with the addition of bi-polar disorder. I had heard about the evening, and the behavior on Half Moon Cay on, sadly, a major social media site and thought to myself, "This isn't the whole story." I, for one, wish her all the best.

Hope to catch up with you all one of these days.

Jim & Bill,

We miss you guys as well. We seriously considered the Alaska cruise but we already had travel plans at that time that were difficult to wiggle around. We plan to do it next time though. Hopefully it won't be too many years away.

We had a blast as usual on the Eurdam though. Wonderful people, great entertainment and meaningful times with my husband.:D

Jim & Terry

progress.gif

Tony & Jerry,

You are very welcome. The party would'nt be the same without you guys.

Peter & Richard,

We had a wonderful time at dinner with you both and always a pleasure to have you attend our party.

You are all genuinely nice guys. :D

Jim & Bill,

We miss you guys as well. We seriously considered the Alaska cruise but we already had travel plans at that time that were difficult to wiggle around. We plan to do it next time though. Hopefully it won't be too many years away.

We had a blast as usual on the Eurdam though. Wonderful people, great entertainment and meaningful times with my husband.:D

Jim & Terry

progress.gif

You're a doll! Want to talk Bill into the March Atlantis next year. I love St. Barth and Martinique.

Archived