RSVP Feb 9-16, 2013 - Eurodam

Boytjie

Wondering if this cruise was any different from other RSVP sailings?

Not considering the passengers that truly set the tone on a cruise....but whether the RSVP operation seemed any different?

Having heard RSVP will do a med cruise a year from this summer, my intention is to book. I still have afterglow from the Westerdam Italy cruise...one of the best!

But I am wondering if the RSVP operation is changing in any way (havent sailed them since the Hawaii cruise in 2010.

When Atlantis absorbed RSVP, I was told that the Atlantis brand would be the "upscale" brand, and RSVP would be the lesser of the two. The diversification of Atlantis sailings and ship choices seems to substantiate the business plan. I prefer RSVP, and intend to continue to sail them when a ship or itinerary looks inviting.

Not to really discuss the aspects of each branch, just wondering if RSVP is changing in their approach, style, on hands management?

Sister Helen Holy at least remains the same......FABULOUS;)

Comments would be appreaciated.

PS...Hope Peter and Richard really enjoy Thailand, I know I loved it.

Tom

I did not notice any particular changes to the way RSVP does things, other than the absence of Danny Williams. But the new guy did a good job. The games just aren't quite the same without Danny though. Sister Helen Holy and Paul J. Williams are still the best. I will be going with RSVP again. The Eurodam 2013 cruise was out 13th with RSVP.

I agree, there wasn't much operationally that was different from previous RSVP cruises. My biggest complaint is that the party themes came out later than usual and since the 2012 cruise they no longer give you the full 7-day's entertainment schedule ahead of time - you get an Entertainment Preview with the main parties and entertainers before the cruise and the rest is in the daily program. It's annoying when you want to plan things like massages without knowing what's going one in three days time.

I agree with Peter. The daily schedule with the times of the events came out too late and made prior planning difficult.

I didn't initially like the CD Brad as he was too over the top, but he grew on me during the week and started using his "inside voice" later in the cruise. I don't know if it was his first time as CD but it must have been an overwhelming experience for him with all he had to deal with (Carrie F). I had never heard of him before but I have been catching him on TruTV (peter on the ground) and am liking him more and more now too. He turned into a "seasoned" CD in just one cruise. I wish him great success in his life & his career. I wonder if that was his first cruise too.

All in all it was a great cruise but I do miss Danny Williams but so glad we have Gert, Sister Helen Holy, Paul Williams, Cashetta, Jesica Kirson, Poppi Kramer, Kim Kuzma, DJ Mick, DJ Grind, Frenchie Davis and the incomparable Amy & Freddy who are always the Headliners in my book.

I didn't initially like the CD Brad as he was too over the top, but he grew on me during the week and started using his "inside voice" later in the cruise. I don't know if it was his first time as CD but it must have been an overwhelming experience for him with all he had to deal with (Carrie F).

I believe it was his first time as Cruise Director; previously he worked as a comedian on Atlantis.

I thought he was okay and I think he should return. But it may have been his first time and I think he may have been trying too hard at times to be funny.

Brad was an improvement over Scott Nevins.

I guess we'll see what next year brings.

Archived