RSVP Feb 9-16, 2013 - Eurodam

Boytjie

Done packing!

Two roller bags, one duffel for carry-on, a backpack for carry on and a computer bag. AND it has our tuxes, including my formal shoes.

Just have to go to work Wednesday, come home, change and take car service to La Guardia for our 7:30 PM flight

See you all in Ft. Lauderdale or on the ship. Safe travels and I hope the potential storm Friday does not disrupt anyone's flights.

Can you fly out earlier?! US airlines allow changes without charging fees when there are storms threatening air traffic. We did that 3 years ago.

We'll probably try - it looks like there's a limited selection of flights down to Fort Lauderdale and they seem full up for now. After the latest forecast, we're going to wait and see what comes down. At the very worst, we have Friday and even early Saturday to get an alternate flight.

We leave tomorrow...............Wednesday, February 6, -5 Mainly sunny :D:D:D

I know! Nice Wednesday, nice Friday - crap Thursday. :P

We're mostly finished packing - I've got one bag done and the other stacked up and waiting for some last ironing before loading.

Is anyone staying at the Worthington/Alcazar/Villa Venice? This is the largest gay resort in FLL with 3 pools. We are at the Alcazar which is supposedly the quietest of the 3.

We are! Also in the Alcazar! We'll be arriving tonight! Best description for me, tall skinny white boy! (and I mean WHITE! The one time in my life I'm too busy to get my ass in for a pre-tan! You better break out your sunglasses!! LOL!)

We're mostly finished packing - I've got one bag done and the other stacked up and waiting for some last ironing before loading.

IRONING?????? Who irons a swimsuit??? :p

The weather predictions I have seen are talking more about Friday into Saturday, are you getting different reports?

We are! Also in the Alcazar! We'll be arriving tonight! Best description for me, tall skinny white boy! (and I mean WHITE! The one time in my life I'm too busy to get my ass in for a pre-tan! You better break out your sunglasses!! LOL!)

Since a number of us will be in Fort Lauderdale on Thurs. evening would you like to meet up for a drink between 7-9 PM at Tropic's on Wilton Drive, in Wilton Manor? Frankie the bartender at the main bar by the dining room is from Philly and makes the best drinks. They are 2-4-1 until 9:00 PM.

Ten of us are having dinner at 8:30 PM Friday evening at Rosie's also on the Drive in Witlon Manor. Most of us more mature types but a couple of hotties too.

The weather predictions I have seen are talking more about Friday into Saturday, are you getting different reports?

It's been changing (hallelujah!). Last night it was "snow all afternoon, 15-20 cm, breakout the parkas, call in the Mounties and form search parties." Right now it has indeed changed back to something more like light snow over a long period. We're cautiously optimistic.

My description: Very tall not so skinny white guy. I don't know how to private message on this website or I would give out email and contact info

Anyway say hello to the tallest guy you see and its probably me

One more tall guy (6'5" / 1.98 m) checking into the Alcazar tomorrow night, though I am not on the RSVP cruise (though I do have a friend staying somewhere else who will be joining you on board). My partner and I are on the Pied Piper cruise leaving FLL on Monday instead. Probably pretty tired when we check in around 7 pm (1 am German time), so might be more likely to be encountered at 5 am or so when I am waking up and you are getting back from the bars or cavorting around the pool/hot tubs. :rolleyes:

Well most of you are already in Fort Lauderdale and or in route. Just wanted to say have an AMAZING time, stay safe, and calm waters for HMC! Hope to see you on the next cruise.

I will try to get on the Port Everglades webcam on Saturday to watch the sail away and the gang in the SC cabin. Let us know what the new itinerary is going to be when you get back.

Drinks and diner last night at Tropic's with Friends. Then $3 Long Island ice Tea at Georgie's The place was packed. Tonight should be wall to wall along Wilton Drive.

Nice weather for all over tan at Hallover Beach. One more day. Hope everyone made it out of the Northeast.

Happy Friday

Jack and Dan

Since a number of us will be in Fort Lauderdale on Thurs. evening would you like to meet up for a drink between 7-9 PM at Tropic's on Wilton Drive, in Wilton Manor? Frankie the bartender at the main bar by the dining room is from Philly and makes the best drinks. They are 2-4-1 until 9:00 PM.

Ten of us are having dinner at 8:30 PM Friday evening at Rosie's also on the Drive in Witlon Manor. Most of us more mature types but a couple of hotties too.

Didn't get your message until now! We're in room 14. Yellow rental car! Brent & Paul (me - Brent)

In lobby now using the computer. Off to Miami today to check it out. Leave me a note if you wanted to, didn't bring any electronics! Or, we'll see you on the ship at the meet and greet!

B

Archived