Easter Bunny?

2boyzmom

We are in the same situation (although my DD is older now and less "surprised") but my plan is (as we are flying in day before as well) is that I have already located a CVS near the hotel and either my DH or I will "sneak out" to have to go to the store to pick up a few items for the "cruise" and purchase some items there and just put them in a Easter gift bag rather than a basket.

Not sure how baskets are usually filled in your home......but in ours (DD is NOT a big chocolate eater) we usually have plastic eggs filled with $$ or little trinkets (we usually visit Disney every year, so it's usually Disney dollars and Disney trading pins).......so this year we are planning to fill it with "Cruise" type items - sunglasses, chap stick, lip gloss, gum, etc - and of course a little spending $$$.

Hope this helps - not sure how old your kiddos are.

Our last cruise on the SS Norway was on Easter Sunday in April 2003, just a few short weeks before her tragic boiler explosion in May 2003.

I remember being in line to board the ship when our 3 kids caught sight of the Easter bunny greeting everyone as we crossed the gangway.Totally unexpected and a nice touch. I do not remember what was being handed out to the kids but it made their day.

Hard to say whether NCL in the age of cost cutting and bottom line focused activities will do anything this year.

We will be on Epic on Easter as well (ship sails on Saturday) and I'm thinking we are either going to do Easter the week before or say the baskets will be wating when we get back. Ds is 3 1/2 so he will have no idea what day is really Easter, and dd is 11 and no longer believes.

We have been gone on Easter almost every year, so the bunny has found us in Hawaii, San Diego, etc. One year I remember being stuck in a hotel room with dd when she was about 6 and she WOULD NOT GO TO SLEEP so I could get the basket out!

We are returning to port from our cruise on Easter Sunday-- Not sure what we are going to do since it will be impossible to hide stuff in the cabin for the entire week. I am leaning toward packing a cute card that say's I visited your house and you were not there- your basket is waiting for you at home. DD is only 3.5 so she really won't know, and DS is 15 so that's not a problem. But he does pretend to believe for the benefit of a basket full of candy and making his sister happy.

We will also be on the Epic (leaving Saturday). Our plan is to go to the CVS in Miami (close to our hotel) and pick up some small treats to fill plastic eggs and hide them in the cabin. She's not big on chocolate so it will mostly be small candy and toys. DD is 4 and is totally looking forward to the Easter bunny finding her on the ship :)

We're on the Sun that week as well (leaving the day before Easter) and have been wondering about how it might be acknowledged on board. We're in Nassau on Easter Day so I am not sure how to handle. I'm pretty sure neither of my girls actually believe anymore so it's as much for as for them - LOL!

A suggestion if you are flying in on Saturday before and waking up in a hotel on Easter Sunday.

If you have a specific routine with specific items, why not call your hotel before hand and see if you can ship it to the hotel. If they are things you want to use next year, see if the hotel would be willing to get it mailed back to your house or a close family member/friends house on Monday. Or instead of a Easter Basket, why not have the Easter Bunny bring an Easter suite case? Just a small one, filled with things your kids would enjoy on the cruise (books, crayons, bubbles).

I wish my kids didn't believe anymore... they are 13 and 10! They keep doing their best to make sure that the Easter Bunny knows they need the new PSP Vita for Easter!! They still believe in Santa to bring them a ton of video games also :)

A suggestion if you are flying in on Saturday before and waking up in a hotel on Easter Sunday.

If you have a specific routine with specific items, why not call your hotel before hand and see if you can ship it to the hotel. If they are things you want to use next year, see if the hotel would be willing to get it mailed back to your house or a close family member/friends house on Monday. Or instead of a Easter Basket, why not have the Easter Bunny bring an Easter suite case? Just a small one, filled with things your kids would enjoy on the cruise (books, crayons, bubbles).

I wish my kids didn't believe anymore... they are 13 and 10! They keep doing their best to make sure that the Easter Bunny knows they need the new PSP Vita for Easter!! They still believe in Santa to bring them a ton of video games also :)

Smart kids! ;) I "believed" for as long as my parents still believed that I believed! :cool:

Our cruise leaves on Easter Sunday and flying in on Saturday. Not sure how I am going to handle the Easter basket situation. Also- does the ships do anything on Easter for the kids?

My last Easter cruise was a few years back - so things may have changed. In the dining rooms, they will have easter baskets with candy on all the tables. Again, this may have changed. As for the Easter Bunny, I packed an easter basket and all the goodies, and the Easter Bunny came just like he would at home. I always use the plastic eggs, so that wasn't an issue either - hiding them in the cabin, etc.

My last Easter cruise was a few years back - so things may have changed. In the dining rooms, they will have easter baskets with candy on all the tables. Again, this may have changed. As for the Easter Bunny, I packed an easter basket and all the goodies, and the Easter Bunny came just like he would at home. I always use the plastic eggs, so that wasn't an issue either - hiding them in the cabin, etc.

I'm sorry .... the cruise with the easter baskets on the tables ... that was RC, not NCL. Sorry about that!!

Archived