Forgot to Book on board is it too late?

beckers

Has anyone not booked another cruise onboard and then was able to do it several days after getting off the ship? Thanks. I called Princess and they said no, but I'm sure I have read about people doing it. I just got off the ship Saturday.

An onboard booking isn't an onboard booking if the booking isn't booked on board! (Say that six times fast.) I've not heard of any exception to this.

That was too funny.:D :D Lucky for me I did do the onboard booking for myself I was checking for some dinner mates of mine who wanted to book a cruise through me, but I thought for sure someone had done this somehow.

Thanks for all your replies.

I have not seen this mentioned on these boards yet, but have you all taken advantage of the 'cruise credit' program?

You have to sign up on board, but don't have to commit to a cruise immediatly.

Pay $100 per person, that entitles you to a $100 per person deposit on future cruise, anywhere up to 4 years in the future! If decide no cruising, then get a refund. How can you beat that? (deposit on Med cruise would have been 1,200, thats $1000 I get to keep for the next year in MY bank)

In addition, you get cruise credit per person. We are getting $100 per person credit for 12 day cruise. (think it's 50 or 75 per person for 7 day cruise)

Again, how can you beat it?

I am going on a repo cruise LA to Vancouver next weekend, and was wondering. . .

On this cruise, can I make the $100 deposit for a future cruise to get the shipboard credit, and then use that for an Alaskan cruise that I have already booked for this August, but have not yet paid the final payment on?

If you have a friend going on a Princess cruise, you can always give him/her $100 to book an "open booking" for you... They are transferable.

They are transferable?? So my daughter is planning a cruise for January '06. Could I have booked that on the Grand and then transferred it to her? Seems a big loophole.

I am going on a repo cruise LA to Vancouver next weekend' date=' and was wondering. . .

On this cruise, can I make the $100 deposit for a future cruise to get the shipboard credit, and then use that for an Alaskan cruise that I have already booked for this August, but have not yet paid the final payment on?[/quote']

I'm interested in knowing the answer to this to. I am going on a cruise next month and have another already booked for Halloween. Can I just cancel the Halloween cruise and then re-book?

Paul

I don't know for sure, but I think the answer would be that you can cancel and rebook using your onboard booking #. If you are not past final payment, you always have the option of cancelling a cruise. You should explain to your TA before you start though to avoid confusion and so they can hold your cabin.

But, if you are not going to cancel the booking and simply apply the onboard booking # I don't think that will work.

If you were beyond final payment then there would be a penalty for cancelling and would outweigh the benefit of using the onboard booking.

When you find out for sure, be sure and let us know the outcome. And good luck!

I do know that when you place a future booking onboard and pay the $100 pp fee, that you must also provide the names of the passengers that will be on the booking.

We never choose a ship or sailing date but always make a 'ghost' or 'phantom' booking where we can choose the ship and sailing date at a later time. Too much pressure to choose one while already on a cruise. LOL

No, future cruise certificates are NOT transferable...unless you are booking singlely and then inviting a guest with you on a future cruise and you want to count that as a transfer. jhannah is right!

As for using a future cruise certificate that belongs to you...you can use it towards a previously booked cruise...the loophole..yes there is one! You must first cancel your original booking, then rebook using your numbered certificate. If you've got a good Ta, this can be done without much chance of losing the cabin you originally booked. Just remember, there is also the risk that you might lose your original cabin & booking(including your previously confirmed seating assignment).

Toto2Kansas, Isn't it true that the names on the future cruise certificate must match the names of the persons associated with the cabin at the time of that exact cruise when it was purchased?(at least one of the names). My take on this is YES!!! And yes, I do recognize there is one loop hole to the $200.00 fee to play with!:D

Archived