RCL Swim with turtles, shipwrecks and beach excursion

jbullock403

My girlfriend and I are going on a cruise in March, and are looking to do a excursion when we get to barbados. One of the excursions RCI sells is a boat ride to swim with turtles in turtle bay, snorkel a shipwreck, and drink rum punch at a beach. My question is anyone ever done this and are there any pros or cons. Is it worth doing? Please let me know, Jon

I would also suggest booking a catamaran trip on your own. The boats we saw that were booked from the cruise ship were wall to wall people. We've been on both Cool Runnings and Silvermoon and we would recommend either of them. We're booked on Cool Runnings again in March. It's a fun day.

• 2 months later...

We actually booked this same excursion in June 2011 and loved it! This was the first snorkeling experience both both me and my SIL. We sailed (about 20-30 of us) to a shipwreck site, then reboarded and sailed to a turtle site...both for snorkeling...then on to a beach...it was a wonderful day and we would do it again in a heart beat.

We actually booked this same excursion in June 2011 and loved it! This was the first snorkeling experience both both me and my SIL. We sailed (about 20-30 of us) to a shipwreck site, then reboarded and sailed to a turtle site...both for snorkeling...then on to a beach...it was a wonderful day and we would do it again in a heart beat.

Just back from the cruise. We did the RCL tour and we loved it . Barbados was our 10th islands on this b2b-cruise and we are a bit tired of too much entertainment. We had a "normal" boat to the turtles, and then to the ship wreck. it was a bit too crowded at the turtles for us( we saw another boat with only one family and one guide). The shipwreck swim was okay and the beach time with rum punch too ( it was a very beautiful lonely beach). next time i will book a private excursion.....

Archived