Serenade, Cabin 9078?

Just booked a cruise on the Serenade and wanted to know why cabin 9078 was one of the last ones to be booked. It is right next to the elevator and across from the Library. Does anyone have any knowledge about this cabin? Can people in the glass elevator mid ship see down on your balcony? Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.

Hi,

I don't know if this helps but I just returned from 8078 and it was wonderful. If you are next to the elevator on the brochure, in reality you are down the hall a bit. Not right next to it. The elevator is actually in the "hump" part of the ship.

Cabin 9078 has a huge balcony, you can't see the elevators and they can't see you. This is one of the best cabin on the ship I can't believe it was still there, someone must have cancelled lucky you, I know you will enjoy it. I have 9078 on the Radiance.

We cruised in 9078 on Serenade this past January, and booked the same cabin for our next cruise. The balcony is huge, and the location couldn't be more convenient to everything. No problem with privacy on the balcony at all.

I just talked with my travel agent. I was afraid the other day when 9078 was the last cabin left in a D1 category that there would be too much noise being that close to the elevator and people looking down on our balcony from the elevator. I asked her to look for another one to open up and she booked us in 9546. After I read your posts, I called her back and much to my surprise, 9078 was still open and we got it back!!!! Thanks so much.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you all for answering my question about 9078 on the Serenade about the balcony. I just wanted to know also if it is a quiet cabin since I noticed that the Concierge Club is on deck 10 right above us. Is the club open 24 hours a day and did you hear any noise from above?

We heard no noise whatsoever until we opened our cabin door at dinnertime - then we could hear the music being played down in center of the atrium drifting up to our deck. We never had a problem with noise out on our balcony. The cabin was well soundproofed - we were never bothered by noise from anywhere.

We also booked your cabin. We stayed next door 9076 and we spent a lot time on your balcony with friends. What a sweet room. The lounge is open for Breakfast and free drinks hours from about 5pm until 8 or 830pm. Have a ball for us.. rick & Deniceo1 :)

Archived