Will we have enough time to enjoy "Rays, Reefs, and Rum Point Tour"

Sundiego

Looking at the "Rays, Reefs, and Rum Point Tour" through Nativeways. We've been to Grand Cayman before and have done the Stingray thing, but this time we're taking the grand kids so we want to go back there so they can enjoy that experience. My question... I was thinking of doing a combo with Rum Point, but I'm not sure if it's worth the extra money since our cruise day seems short to me.

We arrive at 7:00 am and depart at 4:00 pm. Factor in the tenders... I think our day will be more like 9-2, or 5 hours. So anyone who has combo'd stingrays with Rum Point... do you think 5 hours is enough time to enjoy it all? Or would we be better off just booking an independent stingrays tour, getting dropped off at 7 Mile Beach and then taking a taxi back to the tenders. It would save us a few bucks.

~Denise

thanks for the feedback. To clarify my question... I am not worried about making it back "in time". We always do independent tours and haven't had a tour operator fail us yet :) My concern is ~ will we have enough time at Rum Point to justify stopping there (and the extra cost). If our day is too short for it to make sense, we'll just do Seven Mile Beach on our own.

Thanks!

~Denise

We just booked this exact tour with Nativeways ourselves and I was also wondering just how much time we get to spend at Rum Point. We are docked from 8-4pm (which is even less time than the OP). :eek: I almost can't imagine this actually being a 5 hour excursion even IF we were the first off the ship to tender.

Can anyone tell me how long it actually takes during the tender? (Meaning how much time does the "drive" on the tender take to get to the port).

Archived