Platinum Dining Room-Glory

mom2girls

I just found out my room assignment for my upcoming cruise. WooHoo! I'm upgraded from an OV to a Balcony! Anyway, based on my room assignment I would guess that we would be assigned to the Platinum Dining Room. Does anyone know the times for dinner in this dining room? Thank you so much!

Umm....I believe dining room placement is based on which seating you request and are subsequently assigned (i.e main seating may be placed in the golden dining room and second main seating in platinum, etc.) You find this out when you board. I don't think stateroom has anything to do with it. Experienced cruisers, feel free to add

I have heard that it is based on location of cabin but not sure if that is always the case. We sailed on the Glory last week and had a pretty forward cabin and assigned to the Platinium Dining Room which is aft. The times are 5:45 and 8:00. Golden Dining room is 6:15 and 8:30. We were fortunate that the maitre'd changed our time and dining room to Golden 6:15 - table for 2. We loved it and he got a nice tip from us at the end of the week! In my opinion, the Golden Dining Room is a much better location. Right in the middle of deck 3 near the atrium lobby and theater. Can have a drink before dinner in the lobby area and then right to the theater after dinner for the show.

If you are registered with the Carnival Website and go to Modify Booking you should be able to find your assigned dinning time, not sure if it will show you the assigned dinning room. https://www.carnival.com/SignInRegister.aspx if you are not currently registered, you can register and then add your sailing using the booking number, it is a fairly simple process and it allows you to look at your booking, purchase Shore Excursions and make payments.

Hope this helps,

John

You will not see an assignemnet anywhere for dining assignments. (mostly because you are not assigned until about a week before)

cabin assignments have a great deal to do with where your dining room is. But depending on how far aft your cabin is.... is it anywhere near the middle elevator you could get the forward dining room. If you have family memebrs traveling with you and your cabins are linked--and their cabin is more midship you could get the forward dining room.

You will not find out until you are on the ship.

We wanted the late/early seating at 6:15.

Did you "reguest" that time? I was only asked if I wanted early or late.

But if you get onbaord and find it not to what you wanted---go to the Matre de and see what they could do for you

You will not see an assignemnet anywhere for dining assignments. (mostly because you are not assigned until about a week before)

cabin assignments have a great deal to do with where your dining room is. But depending on how far aft your cabin is.... is it anywhere near the middle elevator you could get the forward dining room. If you have family memebrs traveling with you and your cabins are linked--and their cabin is more midship you could get the forward dining room.

You will not find out until you are on the ship.

ooohk, now I'm confused as this wasn't how it was explained to me by my PVP. Why do they ask you to request a seating time, if they assign you according to your stateroom. My PVP informed me, as is the case on the Glory, that each seating time is assigned to a dining room. Ex: First seating is 5:45 and 6:15, one of the first seatings would be Platinum and the other Golden, second seating is 8 and 8:30, once again, once seating assigned to each room. So hypothetically, if I requested 6:15 and received that dining time, I would be assigned to, let's say, the Golden Dining room, because 6:15 seating is in the Golden dining room.

I wouldn't think that they would assign dining rooms by stateroom (just my opinion, could very well be wrong). I know this is how it used to be, where your class determined where you ate (also on some transatlantic routes, such as QM2, your room determines your dining room, so it could vary by cruise line). Hmmm, maybe my PVP was confused :confused: :rolleyes:

Just spoke to Carnival and they say that the actual dinner seating asignment will not take place until the day of sailing. When I called I acted as if I wanted to know when and where we would be seated (we sail in just 9 days) and I was told that no asignments have been made nor will they until sailing. The rep told me they will try to give everyone the seating time requested, but do not gurantee it.

I would assume that they take the two major factors into consideration when making the asignment... The time requested, and the cabin locatio

ooohk, now I'm confused as this wasn't how it was explained to me by my PVP. Why do they ask you to request a seating time, :

oh please do not be confused- actually you were asked your requested time-- that is what it is a request- each dining room is set up for eithe r the early dining or the late dinning. Yes--5:45 or 8:00 is the early and both will take place in the same dining room each night.

But just because you request a time dont necessary mean you will get that time. Carnival does what they can to make all passengers happy.

oh please do not be confused- actually you were asked your requested time-- that is what it is a request- each dining room is set up for eithe r the early dining or the late dinning. Yes--5:45 or 8:00 is the early and both will take place in the same dining room each night.

But just because you request a time dont necessary mean you will get that time. Carnival does what they can to make all passengers happy.

Ok, so I knew the part about requesting, but not necessarily being guaranteed. I'm good on that part. I just never knew that stateroom had anything to do with the equation. Ah, those first-time cruisers, lol :(

Where do you find the information on your dining assignment? I couldn't find anything under my booking that gave me the information. We wanted the late/early seating at 6:15.

It only tells what you requested, not necessarily what you have been assigned. I don't believe that cabin location has anything to do with dining room assignments. On one of our cruises, two cabins of our group wanted later seating. They were assigned a different dining room than the rest of us and our cabins were all together and we all booked as a group. On all four of our cruises, we've always had a cabin mid-ship and requested early seating. We've always been assigned the mid-ship dining room.

Hmm Imagination OV forward of midships, requested late seating - got the Spirt DR (Aft).

Glory Penthouse Suite forward of midships, requested early seating - got the Platinum (Aft).

Doesn't seem to be a pattern at all.

We didn't get the seating we wanted but just went to see the maitre'd in the Golden Dining Room as soon as we boarded - it was prior to 1:00 p.m., but he was there. He couldn't reassign us immediately but indicated that he would know more before 5:00 p.m. I call around 5:30 and he assigned us to early seating in the Golden Dining room which is 6:15 p.m. They also sent a card with a table number to our cabin. He was wonderful and extremely helpful with a table for 2 as well as a cake for our anniversary which I don't believe we ever got charged for??

Archived