Kudos and Anti-Kudos to NCL

luddite

How "tastes" differ . . . the cruise after yours DW and I thought the snapper was inedible and ordered something else . . . really enjoyed our lamb shanks.

Granted it was not the entire atrium with sales tables, but showing a movie at the same time using the atrium as a mall isn't a very good idea. Can't people shop in the shops?

Was the OJ really OJ? Not the sugar added stuff? I was unable to see any detailed info and didn't even try wanything other than water from those dispensers.

All said, we too enjoyed our Gem cruise and particularly sitting in the Spinnaker on sea days enjoying the view (glad they didn't "suiten" it out of existance. Kudos also for posting the pictures of the "regional specialty" of the day. Some were quite good (some we never tried). Glad the CD had some afternoon shows on seadays (even if we didn't enjoy the hypnotist's infomercial).

I am very leery of ordering the fish. Too often it is overcooked. This time, not. Overcooking is a peeve of mine and my wife's. I'm a great cook and she is better. I taught her well! (she didn't cook when we met) The shank was ghastly. We only experienced the one and it's a safe bet we had a twofer-first and last.

The OJ was from concentrate, had some pulp. Not fresh-squeezed but that ain't realistic to expect. It might've been a bit thin but was for certain not that vile stuff called orange juice cocktail drink which was sorta orange in color and used a lot of sugar and thickeners. Yicchh, my body shivers as I think about that awful stuff.

And one Kudos that I would like to add for this cruise:

DH and I both really enjoyed the Elements show.

(and DH enjoyed the lamb shank one night but not so much on another night. So, that was a toss-up)

Enjoyed meeting you on the cruise and look forward to sailing with you again!

Take care,

Kim

I heard lotsa good comments about Elements. I didn't see it.

We really enjoyed meeting you guys and visiting. It's ALWAYS fun to visit with nice people, ain't it?

Archived