Tortola to JVD day trip

bermuda triangle

I know the feeling, we're afew weeks behind you, although we haven't cruised in some time. We have friends cruising for their first time and we're "chaperoning" them :p.

Unfortunately we're not hitting Tortola this trip so we'll have to wait until we return there for a longer stay. But be sure to leave some Red Stripes and rum dums for us and say "hey" to Patricia! I asked her to autograph my copy of the "Drinking Man's Guide to the BVI" even though she isn't in it so she may remember us for that. I told her she had the best Cheeseburger in Paradise and got a nice smile.

Enjoy!

I know the feeling, we're afew weeks behind you, although we haven't cruised in some time. We have friends cruising for their first time and we're "chaperoning" them :p.

Unfortunately we're not hitting Tortola this trip so we'll have to wait until we return there for a longer stay. But be sure to leave some Red Stripes and rum dums for us and say "hey" to Patricia! I asked her to autograph my copy of the "Drinking Man's Guide to the BVI" even though she isn't in it so she may remember us for that. I told her she had the best Cheeseburger in Paradise and got a nice smile.

Enjoy!

I love cruising with newbies!!

I'll try my hardest to remember the book title, but I'll be sure to pass along your greetings!

Laura

We are booked with BVI360 for a tour sunday. When I wrote them to book it, it took a couple days for them to get back to us. The price is $70pp. Looking forward to this tour!!

tribefan:

How did things work out with BVI360? We are booked with them for our cruise in 2 weeks....would love to know your experience. Thanks!!:)

We had a great time, but couple things to remember....on the way there, we had some waves and to cut thur them, we were going pretty fast and I was sitting on the right side in the back, got drenched!! Also once we got to JVD, you have to wade up to the beach. Since there were so many of us, we did take 2 boats over and ours could not get very close, so we had to switch over to the other boat then a couple of the taller guys carried our bags up to the beach on their heads to keep them dry!! If you can, pack your stuff in plastic bags to help keep them dry! Also, we were not able to snorkel due to the winds and waves, which was fine with us, gave us more time on JVD! Make sure to let your family and friends at home know what time you are going to be there and have them check you out on the Soggy Dollar webcam! I was able to call home and had my son check us out and print the picture for my scrapbook. To me, this trip was worth the money, I think JVD had the prettiest water out of all the islands we went to.

Just what the Doctor ordered. Great time. Water was a little rough, but got there before everyone else. Painkillers at Soggy Dollar, Conch fritters were fabulous. Wish I had room for the Flying Fish sandwich. Check out the other bars, Gertrudes and One Love. BVI 360 very reliable.

We used BVI360 on March 6 for a trip to JVD and it was awesome! There were 12 in our group and we had a great time going to/from JVD! Sam was waiting for us when we got off the Caribbean Princess and everything went perfectly! We got off in water about knee high - maybe a little lower. It was awesome. Soggy Dollar Bar is so fun and the beach is gorgeous. Walked down and checked out the ATV's and snorkelers.

The time passed too quickly and the painkillers are a great memory! We would highly recommend BVI360!! Sam was polite, courteous and definitely a highlight of our cruise!

All set with Kuralu Charters great reviews and communication- will post a review when we return.

Looking forward to reviews on tour companies. Booked on the Pearl in October and wanting to visit JVD from Tortola. I never ever book through the ship but was beginning to reconsider after reading some unfavorable reviews and was finding limited charters to JVD.

Also, noticed BVI stops for an hour on the way there for snorkeling....are there any other options that go straight there? We dock at 7am and leave at 3pm

The ferry out of West End is the best option for JVD (other than Julian's water taxi out of CGB) but you don't have enough time in port for these. JVD is an afternoon beach bar destination and if you ever return to stay on Tortola it's easy to get there.

You can logistically make it there on your cruise stop, you just won't have much time to enjoy it...look at Smuggler's Cove or Brewer's Bay on Tortola, or even CGB if you want another busy beach bar beach option...

If you're docked from 7AM - 3PM the West End ferry leaves Tortola at 9AM, and returns at noon. That would give you plenty of time to get there and back, and you'd have about 2.5 hrs there. Ferry and taxi schedules are below, $25 for roundtrip ferry. Roundtrip taxi from cruise dock to WE terminal is $54, $28pp for 2 ppl, or $24pp for 3 or more

http://www.bestofbvi.com/info/bviferry_tortola_jost.htm

http://www.bvivacation.com/transport...ares-rates.php

The ferry out of West End is the best option for JVD (other than Julian's water taxi out of CGB) but you don't have enough time in port for these. JVD is an afternoon beach bar destination and if you ever return to stay on Tortola it's easy to get there.

You can logistically make it there on your cruise stop, you just won't have much time to enjoy it...look at Smuggler's Cove or Brewer's Bay on Tortola, or even CGB if you want another busy beach bar beach option...

If you're docked from 7AM - 3PM the West End ferry leaves Tortola at 9AM, and returns at noon. That would give you plenty of time to get there and back, and you'd have about 2.5 hrs there. Ferry and taxi schedules are below, $25 for roundtrip ferry. Roundtrip taxi from cruise dock to WE terminal is $54, $28pp for 2 ppl, or $24pp for 3 or more

http://www.bestofbvi.com/info/bviferry_tortola_jost.htm

http://www.bvivacation.com/transport...ares-rates.php

Thank you, I'll look at those. We're pretty set on JVD so we'll have to figure out how to best work around the times we're there.

Archived