Legend mother/daughter cruise review - Feb 5-12 with photos

newdestination

When we got home from our cruise and my husband saw the AKR pics he looked up their website and checked prices. He may be tired of cruises but he's always wanted to get scuba certified. I'm not sure if I'm ready for scuba but I sure would love to go to dolphin camp;)

Tell him to go for it. I was close to 40 when I started diving. I loved waking up early at AKR, sitting on the covered back deck of our cabin and watching the sun rise, the night fish leave and the day fish come out. My daughter and I wanted to go there this year but DW has total veto power.:p

Tell him to go for it. I was close to 40 when I started diving. I loved waking up early at AKR, sitting on the covered back deck of our cabin and watching the sun rise, the night fish leave and the day fish come out. My daughter and I wanted to go there this year but DW has total veto power.:p

I'm trying to convince him this would be a good thing to do for our next trip. And I'm sure he would say that I have total veto power as well!

Gorgeous pictures--the bridge with the sunset! We had early seating at dinner so missed the bridge. Luckily I've had the opportunity to depart from San Francisco a couple of times and sailed under the Golden Gate. I haven't figured out how to post pictures on CC yet. Anyone have time to give step-by-step instructions?

After dinner we stopped off at our room and found a note from the Shore Excursion Team that our tour in Grand Cayman (the Luxury Yacht, Snorkel, & Beach Adventure) had been cancelled due to lack of the minimum number of participants. We were both really disappointed about this but thought that perhaps we could still book the tour on the pier independently (what we should have done in the first place), but we all know that hindsight is 20/20....

We headed back out again and went to the Punchliner Comedy Club for the adult-only comedy of Macio, which we enjoyed. Doug Funk was up again at 11:00. He pulled Laurie up on stage and a little to my surprise, my rather shy daughter was hilarious (not surprised that she was funny but that she even went up on stage)!

We decided not to wait up for the 12 a.m. comedy of Macio since we thought it might be a repeat of his earlier show. Instead, we turned in at midnight.

Our snorket trip for the Caymans was cancelled too! We were disappointed and discussed getting off and hooking up with an excursion on shore but ended up just staying onboard.

Our snorket trip for the Caymans was cancelled too! We were disappointed and discussed getting off and hooking up with an excursion on shore but ended up just staying onboard.

The Carnival rep on the pier told me that quite a few Grand Cayman tours were cancelled due to lack of minimum number of participants and said something about it being due to "the demographics of this particular cruise."

I found a good explanation on how to post pics about halfway through the 90-page "favorite picture of all time" thread. It was was post number 1035 by Cuizer2. I used Shutterfly instead of Photobucket but the instructions worked.

Good luck! I would love to see your pics.

Carol

I can only see the 1st pic, don't know how to get to more, finding it hard to navigate this site.

The pictures are imbedded in several posts throughout the discussion. It's kind of like a blog. You just need to scroll down the page and then go to the next page and so on. There are responses from other CC members there too.

my mom on the left, my MIL, and me:

ry%3D400

my mom, my MIL, and my other daughter Amy

ry%3D400

Amy and me

ry%3D400

Amy and her grandfather

ry%3D400

I didn't end up with a single picture of the five of us together on the cruise, much to my dismay, and I actually don't even have a 3-generation picture. I had trouble with my camera on this cruise, which was part of the problem.

Do you recall having any servers named Komain or Petra? Loved all our servers in dining room and lido deck last year on the Fantasy. So many have complained recently of the service, Never been on the Legend..hope the staff are all friendly and accomodating as our past cruises.

Do you recall having any servers named Komain or Petra? Loved all our servers in dining room and lido deck last year on the Fantasy. So many have complained recently of the service, Never been on the Legend..hope the staff are all friendly and accomodating as our past cruises.

The staff were all friendly but our servers in the MDR were Raymond and JayJay.

my mom on the left, my MIL, and me:

ry%3D400

my mom, my MIL, and my other daughter Amy

ry%3D400

Amy and me

ry%3D400

Amy and her grandfather

ry%3D400

I didn't end up with a single picture of the five of us together on the cruise, much to my dismay, and I actually don't even have a 3-generation picture. I had trouble with my camera on this cruise, which was part of the problem.

That's so sad you had trouble with you camera. I loved the pictures of all of you. I know where your girls get their good looks. lovely pictures.:) beautiful.:D